1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need More Info Report: 76561198200656287 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Buklau123, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Buklau123

Buklau123 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55216684
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198200656287

Victim profile: 76561198070699096

What happened? Description:
    Added me to purchase my knife (Huntsman Crimson Web FT). Offered Bitcoin or PayPal or keys. Added me several days back, and we finally came to an agreement of $95 USD via PayPal for my knife. Today, he took my knife and unfriended me, and made his profile private. During those days, he provided lots of evidence, including screenshots and threads for proof.

I'm assuming that he has abandoned the accused account and moved my knife to a different account, since the accused account is now private. But maybe the screenshots and "proof" that he provided can be helpful for other users to avoid the same person scamming them.​

Provide Evidence:
    Apologies for the mix of phone and laptop screenshots. Also, the first screenshot isn't the first line of chat (I couldn't go further back in time). Before the first screenshot, he offered the three choices of Bitcoin, PayPal and keys. I declined his keys offer (it wasn't a trade offer, just me saying no to keys) and wanted PayPal instead. We both thought of the risk of going first, so he suggested hiring a middleman. I mentioned that middlemen are usually free-of-charge and started trying to find some on SteamRep, but seeing that he didn't have "much time left", we moved on to discussing other methods of trade.

Throughout the chat, he sends many links to screenshots and reddit threads about his past activity in trading and exchanging money. He also sent a screenshot of his trade history on Steam. There's also a screenshot of his PayPal name and balance, which is different to the name of the PayPal user in the individual screenshot attached (I should've noticed this but unfortunately I didn't at the time). In that individual screenshot of the email I received, I asked for him to send me a bit of money just as a test (and for the purpose of gathering more evidence just in case he scams me, which he obviously does in the end).

I could've easily avoided the scam if I noticed the different names in the email and the screenshot he sent me before :(. I'm assuming that I can't get my knife back??​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Buklau123 Please upload the screenshots vs packing them all into zips - you can add up to 15 per reply here. Thanks!
  3. Buklau123

Buklau123 New User

Steam:
    No prob.

Attached Files:

4. Buklau123

Buklau123 New User

Steam:

Attached Files: