1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198203366225 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ceratopsia, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceratopsia

ceratopsia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:233241427
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198203366225

Victim profile: 76561198426748582

What happened? Description:
    I uploaded a post on the csgo trading discussion hub saying I had a falchion doppler p1 fn, a guy friended me from the post to discuss. We started by talking about what the guy wanted and what I could get in return. They picked 3 items, ST FT Trigger Discipline Deagle, FT Prinstream, and the aforementioned knife. Afterwards, he let me pick from cs.money an item I would want in return that would be %10 overpay. After picking an item, he pointed towards a guide in his profile that stated that he would need my trade link to directly buy the knife for me, to bypass the 7 day trade ban. I provided everything required and he told me to quit steam for 3 minutes to allow the trade. In hindsight, I was very excited and I didn't think about why I would need to quit steam and it shouldve been a big red flag. He accepted the trade that I sent of my items with nothing in return, and I expected an incoming trade offer from a bot when I got back on steam. He unfriended me after accepted my items and changed my profile to remove the guide and "proof" he had of being legit.​

Provide Evidence:
    There is substantial evidence that I scrolled through the video. I went through entire chat, profile, steps i took, etc. I also attached my trade history if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2021
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

Also FULL screenshots of the entire chat logs - we do not review videos
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please follow up asap
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You have 48hours to follow up
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Declined for lack of evidence/followup.
    do not submit reports here if you do not provide everything up front and/or follow up when requested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.