1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198210578615 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by 4th, Jan 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4th

4th New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:108512255
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198210578615

Victim profile: 76561198177290239

What happened? Description:
    So i was selling my M9 Bayonet Freehand on the community market and an account named Sagithyst comments on my screenshot saying he wanted to buy the knife but the price was to high for him. I checked his account, damn, level 313 must be legit. I add him and he adds back and shoots me a message about the knife, he initially offered $270 but that was too low for me, so i asked for $300 usd as i wanted to get rid of the knife quicky but still break even as if it was sold on the market.

He agrees on the price and asks me to add him on discord. We go into a call and talk further about the following, if i want crypto paypal or bank, i say bank. "how hes not a scammer" and "check my steam rep" to which put even more trust in him from me as his profile was clean. He even says on the recording i have that "i wouldnt waste an account this high level by scamming".

Anyway, i send him my bank details after he asks for my IBAN, and as per the recording i ask him to screenshare him sending the payment, he declines and says he will do it after the knife is sent, we go back and forth for a bit and i send him the knife, to which he says "my god dude" end the call, ends the screenshare, removes me on steam so i can no longer view the chat history, removes me on discord, and thats where we are today.

And yes "full steam chat is required" however when a scammer blocks you on steam (as im sure you know already) you no longer have access to the chat, so i started the recording instead as a means around this. Entire conversation recorded with basis of him agreeing to payment, denying being a scammer, saying he will walk through the screenshare with me, saying he will not accept knife first that he would wait and send payment, him saying he will send me a receipt of the transaction. so on so forth.

I have a shadowplay recording of everything which i will link in this report as absolute evidence despite not having access to chat logs due to being blocked.​

Provide Evidence:
    Recording of call and details about payment etc, video is unlisted so im going to put a direct link in incase:

View attachment 793934 View attachment 793935

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2022
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you provided absolutely ZERO acceptable evidence of any scam here, no chat/agreement noted thru steam chat screenshots as required.
    You were noted the below link prior to clicking the submit a report button but must have over looked it - please do not do so in the future.
    We do not review videos either.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.

Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.