1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198211334479 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by NATO THE TORNADO, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NATO THE TORNADO

NATO THE TORNADO New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:158255229
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198211334479

Victim profile: 76561198276776187

What happened? Description:
    I was sent an invite from a person claiming to be this person: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032490726
    He started telling me to pick stuff from his 'Backpack' which
    was the real Festive Salamanders 'Backpack'. He tried to get me to turn over to discord or skype as well as give me my trade URL (He wasn't trade banned so this was strange).
    I told him to go to my (profile > more > offer a trade) but he kept saying that he
    wanted my trade URL. He soon realized that I was wasting his time and removed me and
    so I blocked him.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @NATO THE TORNADO You do realize this user is already tagged/banned here - there isn't a thing more we can do to them.
    You really need check users out BEFORE you accept their friend add...just ignore them at that point if they are. The tags here are to serve as a warning to help you avoid users like this in the future and not put yourself in a possible compromising position.
    I'll review this again shortly but all I'll be doing is adding one final note..all future reports against this user will be instantly archived.
  3. NATO THE TORNADO

Steam:
    Well, I did know he had a ban but I saw that It was for backpack.tf. I thought that this would go on as a steamrep ban as well. I apologize if I'm making you angry. I promise from now on unless the banned scammer as changed tactics I will ignore them, block them and report them to steam instead. Sorry if I'm being an inconvenience to you guys with these reports. Honestly, I thought this would help but I understand your situation now and will improve.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Partner tags are the exact same thing and serve the exact same purpose.
    Not angry at all..just explaining what is going on. Trying to help you out in the future.
  5. NATO THE TORNADO

Steam:
    Thank you ЩĄ | Horse. Just asking, is it a good idea to do a report if a banned scammer as changed tactics? Or just ignore, block and report to steam?
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If they are tagged here and you see that its best to just ignore/delete and move on - scammers are tricky even if you think you know what is going on.
    The tags serve as a purpose as a warning. Nothing more we can really do to them here once tagged. There are reports against users that are not tagged that we can direct that time to in its place.
  7. NATO THE TORNADO

Steam:
    Understood
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.