1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198217073128 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by iLegacy, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLegacy

iLegacy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22510652
    Scam Report

Report Type: DO NOT SUBMIT TO STEAMREP - CD-Key, game code, Steam wallet code, or other code scamming
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198217073128

Victim profile: 76561198005287033

What happened? Description:
    A deal was made that I (Victim) would trade a copy of Mass Effect: Andromeda to Reinert K.(Accused) for a copy of PlayerUnknown: Battlegrounds from the website steamtrades.com

Since Reinert K. had more rep than me on steamtrades.com, I went first and sent him the code of the game to which he replied the game had been already activated on Origin. This was very suspicious because the game had been sealed up to that point, I played along and see what his response would be if I provided him with another code.
    His replied that Kinguin had scammed him of the his copies of Playerunknown: Battlegrounds and that I should find someone else to trade.
    I later confirmed that the code I sent him had been activated the same day from the same country (I asked him what country he lived in) through Origin support.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. iLegacy

iLegacy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22510652
    I understand it might a long shot for this report to be accepted, I'm just asking for a small chance with the photos provided
  3. RayKay

RayKay New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:128403700
    This report should be achieved as it is "involving trades occurring entirely outside of Steam trading" as written in SteamRep Investigative Policy.

In my defense, I'll say the story from my side as short as possible:

We agreed on a trade, my Steam Gift Link for his ORIGIN Code, he went first, his code didn't work after which he immediately went offline, later when he was able to get a new code I found out my steam gift links weren't working and I backed out of the trade. He DIDN'T give another code after the DUPLICATED one.

He asked me about which country I am from right before he sent the key, even if the deal was originally made days ago, we only needed to get online the same time. That information could have been manipulated easily, and if my intentions were to scam him, I could easily lie about the country.

The trade took place when "he caught" me online, even if I already waited for him at least 2 days at the times he asked for, he would show up only hours after them.

This is what I had to say, I'll reply if asked about any other details.
    Reinert K.
  4. RayKay

RayKay New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:128403700
    Another reason for which the report should be achieved is line no.5 from the same place which is talking about "CD Key, Steam Code, Game Code, Pin Code and all other key/code Reports".
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We do not accept reports dealing with cd keys, game codes, steam codes, Pin codes etc.. due to change of policy.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

You are welcome to report the user to Valve
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.