1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198230557592 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by zJurney, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zJurney

zJurney New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:94378156
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198230557592

Victim profile: 76561198149022040

What happened? Description:
    So, in the beginning, he added me and said (in broken english) that he wanted to make an offer on my '72 Scotsman's Stagger (worth ~8 keys). He seemed trustworthy enough at the time and was very friendly, until we got to midway through the conversation and he asked me to tell him the item's "serial number". I complied, and then asked him how I was to do that. He said that he could get a steam admin online to check it, but after I told him my worries of involving a middleman, he eventually backed down and offered instead that I log into this site https://cyberstournament.org (pictured in screenshot) . I told him that the site looked very fishy, and that it seemed to be only for cs:go items. I also vaguely remembered seeing a website layout similar to this one in a video about common scams. I never mentioned this to him, but I did state my apprehension to do this. He said that it was required, as the person who will buy it off of him is VERY picky, and needs to know about the serial number. I asked him further about this, but he kept giving me bs answers that never really answered anything. After about 15 minutes of us going back and forth, he said that if I were to do this for him, he would throw in an extra 5 keys. Immediately after reading this I realized that 5 keys is more than half of what my item is actually worth, meaning that he would have almost no way of making a profit. I went to check his backpack, but it was private, so I checked it on backpack.tf, and it revealed that he had no keys in his inventory, and only a few cents worth of items. He didn't even have a single unlockable weapon. After that, I saw that he has a tag on steamrep that he is a possible scammer, and I immediately called him out on it. Afterwards I let the real Matteomax know, and then here we are.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 693227 I unfortunately only have 1 image, as the scammer blocked me, but here it shows him clearly sending me the scam link and instructing me to sign in with my steam account​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @zJurney This user is clearly already banned/tagged here - nothing more we can do to them.
    But you need to check sites out prior to making a report here - you can see if you checked it out that it promps a fake steam login therefore its phishing...and we do not review phishing reports.
    Please ensure you can make a report here before you do again by reading our guides and policies.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.