1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198236162532 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Crowii, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowii

Crowii New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14430496
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198236162532

Victim profile: 76561198072667355

What happened? Description:
    Hello,

A young member of my server has been scammed by another player.
    In a nutshell it's a classic "middleman" scam for a Flip Knife Stained MW.

A player won four knives in a bet today, and he was feeling charitable and gave BoB a knife for some trash skins.
    After hearing of this, Perplexity decided to take advantage of BoB by saying his friend has a better knife and is looking for the knife BoB has come into possession of.
    Unfortunatly BoB's trust was misplaced, he's given him the knife and Perplexity has gone into a total shutdown- removed all friends, renamed and went to private.

I'm making this report for BoB as he's <14yrs old, and possibly may have difficulty understanding how to fill out this report properly.​

Provide Evidence:
    Crowii: I'm gonna make a formal scam report on Steamrep
    Crowii: I need you to tell me
    Crowii: Exactly what happened.
    Crowii: From start to finish, okay?
    BoB: Ok
    BoB: Right i was on ts with salty
    BoB: he gave me a knife for a few littile 2 dollar skins
    BoB: then me and perplexity where looking for a little bit more expensive knifes on analyst and then we found one of his friends with the knife we wanted and then so i had alot of thought and so i gave him my knife to trad with him because i wasnt up in time to trade with him and then when i gave him my knife he went offline deleted everyone and privated profile went offline in skype everything went down.
    Crowii: So Perplexity gave you a knife for your smaller items, did he ASK you for the knife back before you gave it to him?
    Crowii: (Also could do you know this "friend" profile? If so, can you link me?)
    BoB: nooo noo
    BoB: Perplexity had a friend
    BoB: but i was in bed when he was up because hes in denmark
    BoB: so i gave my knife to him
    BoB: for his friends knife
    BoB: I dont know his friend hes deleted everyone
    Crowii: It's important I understand this right. Did he say "Give me the knife and I'll get my friends when he's awake" or something? Or did you just... give it him?
    BoB: he said give me the knife and i will get my friend
    BoB: not like that
    BoB: in different words
    BoB: I felt like commiting​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Issues here is that #1 we would need the original agreement between victim and accused and with that the other is that we would need the victim to post them here or at least post saying the report is valid.
    Can you get this @Crowii
  3. Crowii

Crowii New User

Steam:
    Hello @ЩĄ | Horse
    I can most certainly speak to him tomorrow, right now though he is a sleep.
    Just to be clear, other than him posting here to confirm the post is valid, you also need the "original agreement between victim and accused" - Can you explain this a little to me?
    I've assumed by agreement you're referring to what the "trade" agreement was, which was BoB giving Perplexity the knife, and Perplexity getting his fake friends knife afterwards.

Thank you,
    Crowii
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The original agreement must be the discussion the victim and accused had over steam chat and thru screenshots only... can't accept copy/paste text or it thru any other method of communication..without this we can't link the users thru SteamID which is what we are investigating here.
  5. Crowii

Crowii New User

Steam:
    Hello,

As I've mentioned before, the victim is under 14 years old and doesn't even know how to take a screenshot, and was unaware you could even report people for scamming, I highly, highly doubt he's happened to have left his PC on, Steam client running and the chat window with the scammer before being removed and blocked open.
    I'm afraid the best I can do is the screenshot I've provided with his trade history, and him telling me about what's happened.

Additionally, I've found that the scammer is selling the account on OPSkins and I've been in contact with them, they've deemed the evidence enough to put an ban on the scammers account, luckcily, this account is his main and not an alt.
    Is there anything else I can do for Steamrep in this position other than get the victim to post here saying the report is true?
    It's a bit of a unique situation, and I can respect how it's an inconvience for you.

Thank you,
    Crowii
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Without the agreement as noted in the manner I described we can't process this report..I'll give you 24hours to have the victim provide it before I'm forced to archive the report.
  7. Crowii

Crowii New User

Steam:
    Hello,

Again, thank you for the quick reply.
    I'll get him to make a comment today, I'm assuming it would be approximately 5pm-7pm as he has school.

Thank you,
    Crowii
  8. Crowii

Crowii New User

Steam:
    Hello,

BoB replied little over an hour ago, but looking now the comment seems to have dissapeared?
    I noticed this has happened to me when I've commented on another report with evidence of a scammer scamming somebody else.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ohh so Bob is the victim?
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @BoB I was Scammed Please reply again - I was cleaning up the report didn't realize you were the victim.
  11. BoB I was Scammed

BoB I was Scammed New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56200813
    Yes I am the victim Why are you removing my posts?
  12. Crowii

Crowii New User

Steam:
    Yes, it clearly states in the report and evidence numerous times, did you not even look at it?
    I appologize for the unprofessional right now but i'm under the impression you haven't even looked at the evidence, and then removed BoB's comment after asking for him to comment validating the report.

Best regards,
    Crowii
  13. BoB I was Scammed

Steam:
    Hi This is BoB all of this is true I was scammed by perplexity who is known now as Peerpleeex
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Fixed that - wasn't aware you were the victim... can you post the original agreement please.
  15. BoB I was Scammed

Steam:
    I have done this :)
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Crowii I cleaned up 20+ reports this morning - many people post in other reports to throw them off or compromise them.. but I'm still going to need the original agreement here from BoB
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I need the original agreement in screenshot form - I can't accept copy/paste text
  18. BoB I was Scammed

Steam:
    Ok I am BoB I was scammed yesterday but we where in skype so if you want stuff like that it is unretreivable but i was indeed scammed and it happend exactly how i described it in the report
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok that is what I was afraid of.. issue is we require the agreement between you and the accused here which is thru steam chat and shown via screenshot. You apparently don't have this... can't accept anything thru skype, FB, or any other communication sources since you are accusing a user with a STEAM ID which is what SR investigates.
    I can't just go off of "yes he scammed me" as then everyone would do that.... its not acceptable evidence.
  20. BoB I was Scammed

Steam:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.