1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198238514364 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheProDriver9, Dec 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheProDriver9

TheProDriver9 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68380297
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Trade Offer Fraud] Using Trade Offer URL fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198238514364

Victim profile: 76561198097026322

What happened? Description:
    I have a friend who said they accidentally reported me for having duplicated items and told me to contact a Steam Admin to verify it was an accident. I contacted the "Steam Admin" and they said I had multiple pending deletions on my account. They asked to trade my items to "verify" they were not duplicated or else my account would be deleted. I did not accept the trade and, as far as I can tell, my account is still intact.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first screenshot shows me meeting them and them explaining what's wrong with my account. It also shows them wanting to trade to "verify" my items.

The second screenshot shows them guiding me through the process of "verifying."

The third screenshot shows me questioning them to see if I am getting scammed.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is NOT the first user you should be reporting - You basically reported the other user that was brought into the scam event. You must make sure from now on you report the FIRST user you were contacted by and who started the scam..you only need to reference any other accounts involved and describe HOW they were involved in the description by including the FULL SR profile block along with details of how they were involved.
    Also include any and all FULL screenshots you have as evidence.
    This user has been community banned - therefore likely hijacked - will archive report.
    Remember from now on always report user you were FIRST involved with.
    No need to make another on that user they were likely hijacked as well..report the accounts to Valve instead!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.