1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198238974258 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mavcjs™, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavcjs™

Mavcjs™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:140586924
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198238974258

Victim profile: 76561198216793315

What happened? Description:
    Context: Tim asked me to fill this out as he doesn't know how to do it himself.

Tim White is a friend of mine and I had just helped him get his first unusual and he was contacted by this OutStrider person. OutStrider found him though mutual groups and wanted to buy Tim's Fountain of Delight Taunt: Skullcracker, Bill's Hat and Strange Specialized Killstreak Gold Botkiller Scattergun Mk. II.
    Tim asked why OutStrider was impersonating the original OutStrider, he was assured that the other OutStrider is his main account to avoid "scammers".

He later told Tim that the three items he wished to buy were marked red on backpack.tf and that he filed a steam support ticket stating that Tim has items that are marked red. He then told Tim to add this Steam Support Official named Robin before Tim's account was locked and banned.

Fake Robin: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198871237192/

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Mavcjs™ What are you reporting? Your chat shows images - shows no links at all. I can't tell what the user is giving you.
  3. Mavcjs™

Mavcjs™ New User

Steam:
    He was offering a Strange Specialized Killstreak Australium Force-a-nature with Exorcism spell on it.
    I was reporting an impersonator of OutStrider: https://steamcommunity.com/id/OutStrider/ and the attempt to scam Tim out of his unusual taunt with an item he doesn't own.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok? How are you going to prove that? Your chat screenshots show images - I see no link anywhere or proof that user did that?

New steam chat embeds images by default - I suggest you turn that off so it shows URL's but damage here may be done.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:

Attached Files:

6. Mavcjs™

Mavcjs™ New User

Steam:
    Unfortunately, Tim never did the trade with him so I suppose we can't do anything.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes that's another problem - we don't review 3rd party reports either. I missed that.
    So marking invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.