1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198243001694 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SomDood, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomDood

SomDood New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:229146321
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198243001694

Victim profile: 76561198418558371

What happened? Description:
    Some random account messages me saying they accidentaly reported me for having duped items, they send me a link to the main account. they claim to be a steam moderator, they say I have been reported for having duped items and that I have to trade my items to some bot for them to be inspected...obvious scam​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is NOT the first user you should be reporting - You basically reported the other user that was brought into the scam event. You must make sure from now on you report the FIRST user you were contacted by and who started the scam..you only need to reference any other accounts involved and describe HOW they were involved in the description by including the FULL SR profile block along with details of how they were involved.
    Also include any and all FULL screenshots you have as evidence.
    Please do not resubmit a new report - this one will do for now.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @SomDood I need the ID64 of the FIRST user you were in contact with and I need it ASAP!
    I also need to know that you've reported BOTH users to Valve and also again - ASAP!

This is a very common thing from a hijacked account(s) and we need to ensure if that is the case before tagging someone that never had control over their accounts.
  4. SomDood

SomDood New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:229146321
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Both users were Community banned - therefore as I figured likely hijacked.
    Any time you see this do not report this here...instead report them to Valve.
    I'm archiving report to prevent additional hardship upon the owners of the account once they regain ownership.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.