1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198250226238 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by PureSilence18, Feb 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PureSilence18

PureSilence18 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:186921452
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198250226238

Victim profile: 76561198334108632

What happened? Description:
    this guy and his friend tried to either take my account or my items by acting as a "Steam Admin". I met Eggos a while back before i had to leave for Basic Combat Training. i don't remember exaclty how we met but i only played with him a couple times. at 10:33 i got a message from him saying that he has accidentally reported me saying that i made an illegal purchase. not fully knowing what i was going on i decided to hear him out. after a few minutes of hearing what he had to say i knew something was up. then he sent me this guys steam saying that he was the guy who was looking at my "Report".i decided to play along with it to see what they were trying to get after. eventually i figured out that they were after my account or items when they asked to see a screenshot of my steam purchases. after i started questioning him both Mr.Jager and Eggos unfriended me. this made me 100% sure that these two were after my account or items.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is NOT the first user you should be reporting - You basically reported the other user that was brought into the scam event. You must make sure from now on you report the FIRST user you were contacted by and who started the scam..you only need to reference any other accounts involved and describe HOW they were involved in the description by including the FULL SR profile block along with details of how they were involved.
    Also include any and all FULL screenshots you have as evidence.
    Please do not resubmit a new report - this one will do for now.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @PureSilence18 I need the ID64 of the FIRST user asap! Also need to know if you reported BOTH users to Valve yet?
    Also how long have you known the Eggos user?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Account accused has been community banned and therefor no longer a threat - it would appear that like all the rest that are exactly like this report that the accused was hijacked as was the user that should have been reported instead.
    So I'm archiving report - please make sure in the future that the FIRST user is reported not others...and just referenced others involved in the report.
    Lastly - anything like this again should just be reported to Valve not here as its nearly always a hijacking situation and we do not review those here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.