1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198254683573 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by TheSheldor96, Mar 2, 2016.

1. TheSheldor96

TheSheldor96 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37467401
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198254683573

Victim profile: 76561198035200531

What happened? Description:
    He contacted me about an item I had up for trade. He made me an offer but told me he wanted to make sure it wasn't duped. Alarm bells are going off now. I asked him how I do that and he told me to send it to a friend. I got my my brother to accept my item and told him under no circumstance should he trade it to anyone else unless I tell him to.

The guy asks for my brothers trade link but was refused. I then told my brother to give my item back to me and told the guy that I proved it wasn't duped. He told me to send it back to my brother and I said no, enough games. He then told me that I was being too difficult and blocked me haha.

Although I wasn't scammed, I think this is pretty compelling evidence that he was attempting to scam me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - I think I found enough to go with the screens provided to push this report to review.
    Would have liked to seen it play out more to find the user he was going to use to impersonate with but its ok.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. TheSheldor96

TheSheldor96 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37467401
    I'm pretty sure he was gonna impersonate me and then ask my brother to trade the stuff to him. Which was why he tried so hard to get me to send the item back to my brother