1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198255419442 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Syco #Vector, Apr 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syco #Vector

Syco #Vector Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33134
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198255419442

Victim profile: 76561197960331997

What happened? Description:
    User was supposed to gift me certain items from Dota 2 after I sent them $41 on PayPal. Once I sent the money they gave excuses and stalled for about a day before removing me early on the 23rd and running with the money. They even made private their steam profile after unfriending me making it pretty obvious. They provided their supposed real name in the steam chat which half matches their PayPal username so maybe family member or just not honest.​

Provide Evidence:
    I have attached screenshots of the required steam items and can provide the PayPal transaction if you ask.​

Also this is now the third report of scamming from this same person by different people. If that's not a sign I don't know what is.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Need full screenshots of the transaction you made with this user and a full screenshot of paypal activity for last 5days.
    Do not crop/edit in anyway.
    Also what item exactly were you supposed to be gifted and is it a one time thing? Full screenshot of all trades thru trade inventory history for 5 days till now - if more than one screenshot make sure that a previous trade overlaps into the next and so on. Do not edit/crop any of these images!
    Lastly - other reports the user may or may not have are not relevant to this report so keep those topics out of this one.
  3. Syco #Vector

Steam:
    Guy contacted me through https://dotagiftx.com/ because I had buy orders up there. As you can see I have only used the old trade window once in nearly 3 years now, these days everything either is a gift or comes from the steam market directly which only shows through 'Inventory History' not 'Trade History'. All items he was supposed to give me are untradeable items from Dota 2 which can be gifted ONCE after he has been a friend for 30 days. I sent the money around day 28-29 and he did his 30+ hours of stalling and excuses then unfriended (which removes ability to gift said items) and ran. I know you don't like chat logs but this is a 30 day chat history and in the last few days the chat window got closed after I took those pictures and he removed me so not sure how else to bring up that chat again other than Valves official website so I have included that too. If needed I am willing to have a SR admin use a screen share with my pc so you can verify anything to get this guy marked so he doesn't scam anymore people.

Items he was supposed to gift me:
    1. Fate of Hydrophiinae
    2. Golden Shadow of the Dark Age
    3. Golden Dark Maw Inhibitor (which I ended up getting gifted after by a friend and can be seen in screenshot)
    4. Golden Fin of the First Spear
    5. Pyrexaec Forge
    6. Solar Gyre
    7. Scale of Bitter Spoil
    8. Glory of the Elderflame
    9. Steward of the Forbidden Chamber
    10. Ancient Inheritance
    11. Stuntwood Symbiont
    12. Ash weather
    13. Moonbeam Weather

Evidence Highlights:
    A. You can see he was on my friends list for about 30-31 days before unfriending through SteamRep profile history.
    B. The $ amount agreed to in the screenshot and the name he gave matches PayPal.
    C. Inventory history shows he didn't transfer said items before unfriending which means there is no way he can now since all items are only giftable after 30 days friendship.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Those screenshots are unacceptable and I didn't ask you for those chat logs which are unacceptable if you took a moment to read thru the evidence requirements link you were given when you clicked the submit a report button.
    FULL Screenshots are required for example and we do not review get friend message logs.
    Here are our requirements and guidelines so you can review them and try again with what I asked for.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  5. Syco #Vector

Steam:
    I know what you asked for and I gave you PayPal and steam inventory history from the last 5 days like you asked and I know you don't use chat logs but i provided them anyways. so please do tell me what i did wrong because if you bothered to read what I wrote I can't give you a chat window screenshot from prior to the ones I have as they removed me and the chat window was closed so I can't just open it again. I also feel liek you didn't look at all the screenshots i provided.
  6. Syco #Vector

Steam:
    Not sure how much better i can make these

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Full screenshots please -those are being cut off
  8. Syco #Vector

Steam:
    The last images i provided are showing the full browser and last 5 days for Paypal and the steam screenshots are showing full client plus last 5 days of history. Please do explain how they are cut off.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    apparently task bar is being cut off you can clearly see that.
    Full screen please
  10. Syco #Vector

Steam:
    Here you go.

One more note he has just made profile public again but purged all friends.

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok also the transaction opened in paypal so I can see that also
  12. Syco #Vector

Steam:
    here you go.

Attached Files:

13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok will review this shortly - no need to reply again
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.