1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198260263740 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mr. Crab, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Crab

Mr. Crab New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:195219344
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198260263740

Victim profile: 76561198350704417

What happened? Description:
    Added me 2 days ago, said he was interested in the Stormy 13th Jeepcap I've got. Offered me 350$ for it, we later on agreed on 370$. He had a decent amount of positive cash rep on backpack.tf from high tier traders, all for pretty high amounts so I didn't find anything fishy. Told me he needed about 2 days to gather the money, at the same time we agreed I go first since he had more positive cash rep. Today he sent me a message saying he's got the money, we went over the trade again basically saying yes 370$ for the jeepcap, after that I sent him the jeepcap to which he replies that he's sent the money. Some time passes and I still don't see the money so I ask him to make sure he wrote the email correctly etc. he reassures me by sending me a screenshot of the transaction so I figured it was just a paypal issues. About 2 hours pass and I see that he's removed me. I check his bp.tf and see a bunch of negative rep saying he did the same thing to them. At this point its clear his intent was to pull an exit scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    I don't have screenshots of the chat sadly as I closed it before he removed me.

https://gyazo.com/cfe68d56e8e86d761c46e8089a2ce521 - evidence of me sending the hat.

Sadly can't really provide any more evidence than what I've posted, I do vouch that everything I'm saying is true, I'm sure the other people that have been scammed will provide more evidence as well / make more reports if this one doesn't pass due to lack of chat logs. I checked https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog and his messages don't pop up there either.​

Attached Files:

• cc.png
      cc.png
      File size:
      161.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you have absolutely zero evidence of any scam here - no chat/agreement as required and you clearly submitted it knowing you didn't have what you needed.
    That is unacceptable. We also do not review get friend message logs even if you could find them.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.