1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198260324528 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Existing Fault, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Existing Fault

Existing Fault Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43579554
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198260324528

Victim profile: 76561198047424837

What happened? Description:
    So an old friend of mine asked me if I wanted an unusual, I say sure and tell him that April Fools was yesterday (for me it was and I thought this was a trick) then attempt to send him a trade offer and he's tradebanned. Wonderful, another scammer I thought.

He says he's serious about this and then decide to trade with him on the chat. He said he's locked his account and I decide to play along because he's trying his "hardest" to scam me.

I try to call his bluff but he defends his story and asks if I have Discord and then gives me his discord name.

The rest of the chat under that goes back and forth from the discord chat so you'll have to excuse after a point.

We talk and I start a call because he asks me to call him. I don't have a mic (I do but I also keep it muted for safety o3o) Then he "tries" his best to scam me, as you can see by the images below he tries to "talk me into" his "redeem" and then I ask if his last name on Steam with GarlicToastRoast.

He tells me to call him again and he does, showing me that he's community banned and it all makes sense, but I still play along. He tells me I have to get my ttf2 redeem gift. He wants me to share screen so he can "guide" me, so I do as he says.

I fiddle about on Google Chrome, telling him that the extension for Screen Share wasn't working (I hadn't installed it yet), then he tells me to type into the activate product code the code on my Steam Guard and ask why.

I then decide to piss about; (Apologies here for my rude language) "f✿✿✿ You! You think I'm an idiot? f✿✿✿ off." I tell him thats the code, then he tells me to remove him, I call him on his bluff and he trys to act innocent, I call him out on his heinous act.

Then I tell him my "Steam Guard" Code, it wasn't it and it was just long profanity so I deleted it and added a new message.

He ends the call and then the messages on Steam end with me removing him.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.