1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198265375009 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mint., Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mint.

Mint. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:505032251
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198265375009

Victim profile: 76561198970330231

What happened? Description:
    Attempted scam attempt, said he would pay either via alipay or Paypal, backed out last minute, undeniable scam attempt​

Provide Evidence:
    Imgur link containing entire chat log: https://imgur.com/a/2J510Ti

He approached me asking to buy my gloves, and offered a very low price, after that he offered to pay either Alipay or paypal, i opted for alipay since my paypal was limited.

He told me i needed to send my card number so he can transfer the funds, i didn't trust him so i asked if i could use a pre paid vanilla card to do it (the card had $2, even if he was able to crack the expiry and cvv he wouldn't get much)

He then asked for me to send a trade offer before he could send the payment, which i wasn't gonna do because i obviously knew he could accept it and run off with my skin.

He failed the scam but it's undeniable evidence that he was attempting to.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    ALL evidence must be hosted to the report NOT imgur or other 3rd party hosting sites. Also must be FULL screen.
    That image you gave here isn't acceptable.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Mint. Please follow up asap!
  4. Mint.

Mint. New User

Steam:
    all the screenshots include all the messages but aight, so you want me to reupload all those screenshots directly here..?
    that's a bit tedious
  5. Mint.

Mint. New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No screenshots are acceptable edited - please provide the ones edited, unedited.
  7. Mint.

Mint. New User

Steam:
    t
    its quite clear what i'm censoring and why i would be censoring it, I've said in the original post what it was already and i have no intention of uncensoring it, a ShareX pixel tool to censor valuable personal information should not be deemed not acceptable. everything else is left clean, and it is quite clear that he's attempting to scam, based on his profile comments, private inventory and the chat logs i have provided.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  9. Mint.

Mint. New User

Steam:
    well this just shows me that steamrep is unreliable and incompetent since this is the 2nd case i have made and been denied with undeniable evidence.
    the fact that you're denying evidence due to a singular screenshot and a singular message being blurred is actually laughable.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No it just ensures that we have proper evidence - you clearly do not and do not wish to provide what is required and that was clearly written on that link I gave you as how they are done and only how they are acceptable for the last many years. Everyone else has no trouble providing what is required but you would rather blame us for you not wishing to do so.
    Lastly as far as I can tell this is the FIRST and Only report you've made here.
    In the future do not submit reports here without proper evidence - see link again for proper ways for screenshots.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

Nothing provided here against the accused proves the user was or is guilty of any wrong doing.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.