1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198268164141 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sabre013, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre013

Sabre013 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48248778
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198268164141

Victim profile: 76561198056763284

What happened? Description:
    The events are similar to the other report applied to this person. He approached me yesterday under the name "SQU1RRELLY" and asked about my unusual. The unusual, linked here, is an Atomic Head Full of Hot Air. https://backpack.tf/item/5955004670 The backpack link he provided sent me to the backpack of the actual SQU1RRELLY account. At seeing the size of his backpack, I thought it was weird that he'd look at mine, especially considering he has a very focused unusual backpack. When I clicked on the link to the profile of the backpack, I quickly noticed I was not on the friends list. I looked on my list on backpack.tf and came to his profile. The real account has a VAC ban and his account was marked as a scammer. I found the scam report here and found the circumstances to be nearly identical.
    I did not send a trade request or send an offer, and instead am making this report. Evidence includes, in order, the full chat log, the real backpack.tf account, the fake backpack.tf account, the real steamrep page, the fake steamrep page, the real steam account, and the fake steam account. If I did this incorrectly, then please tell me so I may correct it. I'd like to see this scammer reap what he's sown.​

Provide Evidence:

Monday, August 7, 2017
    SQU1RRELLY: hi
    Sabre013: Hello
    SQU1RRELLY: i was wondering if you are interested to trade?
    Sabre013: What specifically are you looking for?
    SQU1RRELLY: your unusual
    SQU1RRELLY: you can check my BP https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561197961279983
    SQU1RRELLY: tell me what you are interested for i can overpay a bit
    Sabre013: I have had many people offer, but I will not be selling it. At least, not right now. I unboxed it and it is my first unusual, so it is not currently on the market. Sorry to dissapoint
    SQU1RRELLY: ok but if you check my BP im willing to overpay
    Sabre013: I probably will, but Im in the middle of being shot at so it will be a bit before that happens.
    SQU1RRELLY: ok take your time

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - do keep in mind that this user is already banned/tagged..there isn't any more we can do to this user. Should you come across a user like this again(check users out soon as you say hello) it is best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on.
    @Sabre013 Also please do not crop your screenshots for evidence here anymore.
    as stated report user to Valve as you should have done to start with.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.