1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198271603098 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by THE JE$US, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE JE$US

THE JE$US New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:171227831
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198271603098

Victim profile: 76561198302721391

What happened? Description:
    Guy added me to trade through Steam, had a AK Black Lam with 2x NIP Kato 14 Holos and 2x NIP Kato 15 Holos. I asked him for a screen of cs.money price and we did the deal, the CSM price he sent appeared to be fake afterwards.​

Provide Evidence:
    A little over a week ago this guy added me to trade.
    He wanted to trade his AK Black Laminate for my ESL Katowice 2015 holo capsule.
    I asked him for a CSM screen of the price, he sent me one in euro where it said 349,78 euro total. We did the trade and the price appeared to be very different, 162,31 USD which is a lot less.
    I thought maybe CSM would increase the price after the item came off hold but this wasn't true.
    I tried to bait him into admitting or telling me how he edited the price but he kept being persistent he didnt do anything.
    Even now I have given him the chance to come clean and he still does not admit it.
    I read the FAQ and tried to add as much evidence as possible, if more is required please let me know.
    This guy changes his name and profile picture everyday, I attached the most recent one in the attachments.
    Please let me know any extra information required. View attachment 776589 View attachment 776591 View attachment 776592 View attachment 776593 View attachment 776594 View attachment 776595 View attachment 776596 View attachment 776597 View attachment 776598 View attachment 776599 View attachment 776600 View attachment 776601 View attachment 776602 View attachment 776603

Attached Files:

2. THE JE$US

THE JE$US New User

Steam:
    To add, here is the most recent profile of his as seen in the trade history (I already attached the maximum 15 files in the main post)

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Need to show proof that the screenshot was fake - unless you can do that we can not review this.
  4. THE JE$US

THE JE$US New User

Steam:
    How can I do that? The screen he sent me is attached in the files, my screen for CSM too. How do I prove that my value is the real value? I can live stream it for an admin
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That burden of proof is upon you. You must prove what you are reporting.

SR does not get involved in value/pricing disputes either.
  6. THE JE$US

THE JE$US New User

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    so how did this guy pass? I just followed what he did since his got accepted. in the end, what was the additional proof he added that made you accept it? what more can I do than attach the CSM value CSM gives me lol.

I'll upload a video, here you go.
    MB is too big to be uploaded through 'upload file', video shows current time, price in dollar, price in euro, refreshed the browser twice
    https://streamable.com/deykhg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  8. THE JE$US

THE JE$US New User

Steam:
    You're asking for evidence, so I'm giving you evidence and you tell me you can't review it? How on earth can I prove the screenshot is fake without showing you the video, you perfectly realise that's not possible. I will once again attach the full screenshot he sent me, and my full screenshot of CSM, just like in the other thread that got accepted.

Attached Files:

9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Again - other reports are completely different and irrelevant from this one. Completely a whole other report so trying to compare isn't going to work.
    Looking at what is provided here, for this report. You MUST show proof the screenshot is fake - that is on you. You are accusing this user of such, not us or me here.
    The burden of proof falls up on you to provide when you submit the report.
    So rather than constantly replying without that take a step back from the report - take the next 24hours to gather whatever it is you need to have per our evidence requirements and provide it upon next reply.

You must show that the value of that item during that time frame wasn't what the image shows and show proof the image was fake.
    Again - Take your time, gather what you need and provide on the next reply.
    One reply - then the report will be reviewed with what you provide.
    Will not keep going back and forth on this so - again 24hours to just get everything together for the 3rd time to make sure you understand.
  10. THE JE$US

THE JE$US New User

Steam:
    Listen Horse, are you sure you're doing your job correctly???
    I don't care if he gets banned or not, I got scammed anyway, all I'm trying to do here is make sure nobody else gets scammed by him.
    I'm over here trying to help the community and it's being met by endless resistance.
    He got reported for scamming here before, it got declined and he's still actively scamming.
    I looked at all the pinned threads, there are no particular evidence requirements for CS.Money price changing scams in particular so your vagueness is unappreciated.
    I don't know what other evidence you want from me.

As per another accepted CSM scam report:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Yes, completely other report, just like the other one I posted, nonetheless the topic, scam, execution is the same.
    1. Picture when i open my inventory on csmoney, this price shows up
    2. His picture from chat that he sent me before we traded
    3. Him admitting it said 350 for him
    This is all I'm going to post. I posted all the chat logs, 10 screens of CSM, 10 screens of his price in CSM in the steam chat, that is all.
    From here on out, decline or accept, I don't care.
    This report will be seen by people anyway and anyone else on this planet, but you apparently, will understand he's a scammer.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - will review again soon with what you provided.
    Locking till reviewed.

I have hidden links to other reports since again they are irrelevant to this report.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Not withstanding your plugs that you think that I don't see certain things here but you failed to produce evidence that proves the user did in fact give you a fake screenshot. The amount/value is subjective at any point - we don't get involved with pricing disputes. I asked you to show proof the screenshot was edited you didn't.
    The report may be seen by others but they will also see what is said here that being that the user was not found guilty of wrong doing based on what you provided.
    It isn't what I think - its what you failed to prove.
    You must understand that if you accuse someone here you must be ready to back it up with proper evidence against what you state otherwise anyone could report anyone for anything.
    Even report you for something similar, which I'm sure you would be rather upset if reported and they didn't provide proof/proper evidence to support their claims.
    The value may have very well been what they noted for whatever reason to them at that time, we will never know. The key here was providing proof the image was fake, you couldn't prove that.
    I gave you multiple chances to do that as well but sorry to say you again failed to provide proof backing up the claim which means the user was not found guilty of any wrong doing based on what was/wasn't given. Sorry but this has nothing to do with what I think but all what you gave or didn't give.
    Declined.

Hidden Content:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.