1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198272412067 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by metroidprime1999, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metroidprime1999

metroidprime1999 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49609736
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198272412067

Victim profile: 76561198059485201

What happened? Description:
    Don't have any evidence as it was all in Discord and the fraud would only discuss the "trade" in Discord.

This guy randomly commented on a screenshot of mine from Farcry 5 of all games about wanting to trade; no other information given. It was suspicious from the start.

The scammer was impersonating a well known trader who, as we all know, does not have a thick Indian accent. This perpetrator, who couldn't have been older than 16, was very pushy, impatient, and insisted on seeing my screen even after I said I couldn't because I had personal info pulled up (which was a lie to see how he'd react) and he said it was ok, he's "not a bad person, trust me". Upon showing me "his" inventory, it was fairly obvious it was actually the real appleteck's TF2 inventory and not his considering any form of ID that showed up did not match. I then shut our chat in discord down, removed him on both steam and discord, and then proceeded to block and report which lead me to here.​

Provide Evidence:
    I know that not having screenshots of the conversation will invalidate this but you don't accept discord screenshots anyways, so there is nothing I can do about that!​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No evidence of any scam here - you can't just report someone with what is on their profile.
    Must show intent to defraud.
    Rejected
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.