1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198286430504 - ([Steam] Other Community Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jasper_doit, May 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasper_doit

Jasper_doit New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71912009
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Other Community Items

Accused profile: 76561198286430504

Victim profile: 76561198104089747

What happened? Description:
    I honestly can't recall how I added this user. I assume he sent me a request and I accepted it. This user messaged me by saying hello and informing me about a "pending ban report on my account", I was already skeptical when he told me this, but proceeded onwards. He then sent me a large message about a fraud attempt. I knew for a fact that this was a lie since I haven't partaken in trades lately. He then informed me that my account will be banned in 4 hours which doesn't add up because steamrep is (as far as I'm aware) not affiliated with steam. He then linked me to another steam account which was set to private. He told me that that account is an administrator that will help me out. I knew that this was not true since he didn't have any special reputation according to your site. I added that account on steam in the hope of getting confirmation of them having fraudulent intent. The user then proceeded to ask for my items as he suspected them to be duped and he said that he would look at them, I found this to be a lie since I know for sure that steam takes no action against duped items. When I informed the "administrator" of this, he proceeded to remove me and supposedly "block me". I wish for these users to be flagged as I don't wish for anyone else to fall for their scam.​

Provide Evidence:
    Provided evidence has been submitted via the upload a file function, if you wish to see more proof regarding this case, feel free to mention it!​

[6:03 PM]
    Reuel Chuy ☹:
    hello dude
    hey man

[6:03 PM]
    Spectrum:
    Yes?

[6:04 PM]
    Reuel Chuy ☹:
    hello dude im just curious on this pending ban report why do you have this on your account?
    who reported you?

Spectrum:
    I've no clue what you're on about.

Reuel Chuy ☹:
    Warning: This User Reported for FraudThe community reported this user for illicit activity-- usually for a fraud attempt or regarding stolen items.To protect yourself and prevent thieves from profiting,do not trade with this person. Players shouldn't be encouraged to steal. Supporting them can hurt your reputation.To review SteamRep policy, please see the FAQ.
    did you notice that already?

[6:05 PM]
    Spectrum:
    One sec.

Reuel Chuy ☹:
    did you try to cheat or scam before/
    or did you do something on your account?like illegal

Spectrum:
    Nothing.

[6:06 PM]
    Reuel Chuy ☹:
    oh cause 4hrs from now your account will be ban if you cant prove yourself
    if you dont want to get ban you must fix this issue
    do you know how to fix your pending ban report or not?

Spectrum:
    Why would a site that's not affiliated with steam ban me?

Reuel Chuy ☹:
    do you know or not?

[6:07 PM]
    Spectrum:
    I know that steamrep has nothing to do with steam.

[6:07 PM]
    Reuel Chuy ☹:
    so do you want to get ban?

[6:08 PM]
    Spectrum:
    I certainly do not want to get banned.

Reuel Chuy ☹:
    ok then you must fix this

Spectrum:
    Yep

[6:09 PM]
    Reuel Chuy ☹:
    do you know how?

Spectrum:
    Welp, you tell me

Reuel Chuy ☹:
    add him
    Steam Community :: -GoV- Mark Aguirre
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198957048658/

so that he can help you to remove your pending ban report
    go ask him for help
    tell him to remove your pending ban report

Spectrum:
    Whose this guy?

Reuel Chuy ☹:
    add this steamcommunity admin :

[6:10 PM]
    Spectrum:
    Interesting admin
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....567/6B7FCF4BB1C875C622BDEC333BEFC830CF49AC2F/

[6:10 PM]
    Reuel Chuy ☹:
    add him
    he will explain everything

[6:11 PM]
    -GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    Good day Steam user!
    So you have noticed your pending report already?

Spectrum:
    I've not been informed of this

-GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    Are you aware that your account will be permanently banned if you can't prove yourself that you're not involved in any fraud/scam issues?

[6:12 PM]
    Spectrum:
    I'd like evidence to be submitted regarding this case, also /mes don't make you stand out as professional.

[6:12 PM]
    -GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    You have been massively reported from a different steam user. and i am here to find out and investigate if the reports about you are really true or not.

[6:13 PM]
    Spectrum:
    Welp, I've not engaged in trading lately, neither have I partaken in such activity.

-GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    If you believe that you don't do illegal things then you don't have to worry about it.

Spectrum:
    Alrighty.

[6:14 PM]
    -GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    All you need to do here is to make an appeal and prove that your account is in good condition and it was a false accusation so that Valve Report Assistance Team will cancel the pending ban charge on your account, is that clear?

Spectrum:
    Yeppers.

-GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    Where did you get your items?

[6:15 PM]
    Spectrum:
    Bought them all via legitimate means, all via the steammarket place and trading.

-GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    Are you really sure you didn't create those items?

Spectrum:
    ?
    Ellaborate?

[6:16 PM]
    -GoV- Mark Aguirre:
    /quote I am going to check and investigate your items to see if you're really innocent here and are not involved in any fraudulent activities here in our community.

[6:19 PM]
    Spectrum:
    Well, if you're part of the Steam community staff, can't you just directly check my items. Also I'd like to point out that according to the steam regulations, they do nothing regarding duped/created items. In comparison to you, however, you are partaking in the act of scamming. If you were a steam administrator, your account would have a special reputation. I'll now be proceeding by flagging the original user and you for attempting to scam. Have a pleasant rest of your day.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....09A73F7DB0E00EC141DB65EACE949B3200/[/spoiler]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    How long have you known the user?
  4. Jasper_doit

Jasper_doit New User

Steam:
    Sorry about that! Didn't know how I could mention them both otherwise since I believe they're the same person/ are connected.

I know at first I said I didn't know when I added him. I actually just realized who it is. It was a friend that I met in Payday 2 in February of 2016. Back then he was acting just normal. We played mostly public lobbies back then and did trade some items with each other. We then lost touch for a bit until this happened.
  5. Jasper_doit

Jasper_doit New User

Steam:
    His steamrep that his whole profile changed in one day time.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    It would appear the accused was hijacked or compromised and now Valve has the account both in fact community banned.
    I will archive report seeing as to not give any additional hardship on the true owner of that account.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.