1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Declined Report: 76561198286660817 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by jesterjoker, Jun 19, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesterjoker

jesterjoker New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:591653751
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198286660817

Victim profile: 76561199143573230

What happened? Description:
    3 weeks ago, I set up a steam forum discussion, looking for anyone that would be willing to trade a knife to me in exchange for some items. I didn't get many offers until Blair contacted me. Blair seemed like a pretty legit trader, and he said to me that he would be willing to give me a field-tested forest ddpat skeleton knife for some of my tf2 and cs2 items. He "had" the knife in dmarket and tried to show how our trade would work. I would send him a trade offer, a bot would recognize the offer was sent, and then I would be sent an offer with the knife. I sent him my items (I didn't ask for anything in that trade, because that was how the trade worked) and after I sent him my items, I got no trade offer. I contacted him, and he told me that he had traded too much that month, and that all of his trades had to trader out at least 400$ worth of items. The skeleton, only worth 200 dollars, didn't make the cut. I was pretty rattled, and I didn't even think of asking for my items back. He told me that he would send my an offer with the field tested skeleton from before and a pair of gloves (IDK what pair, all that matters is that they were 200$) to make the 400 dollars. the deal was that I would keep the skeleton and give him the pair of gloves back when the trade hold was up. Blair then told me that since the gloves and the knife was 400$ Dmarket made it so that if I sent him an offer, the dmarket bot wouldn't send me the offer back with the skeleton and the gloves unless I could reach 10% of the cost of the knife and gloves in items I send him. The problem is, I traded him away almost all of my cs2 and tf2 inventory to him for the skeleton. So, I contacted my friend, Lightvolcano888, and asked him if he could help us. He said he would, and then Blair contacted him. The exchange with my friend is that my friend would send Blair an offer with 40$ in rust items to meet the 10% bar for Dmarket, He would get the knife and the gloves, and then my friend would give me the knife and Blair the gloves. A crucial part is that Blair told my friend that he would get the 40$ in rust items back. The day of this happens, and after my friend sends Blair the items, he blocks both of us. My friend, Lightvolcano888 will also be sending you guys a steam rep report. Blair obviously took our items and scammed us, and I wanted to know if this could affect his rep score, so it showed that he is a scammer.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you provided no acceptable evidence of any scam here, no chat/agreement noted thru steam chat screenshots as required.
    We do not review get friend message logs!
    You were noted the below link prior to clicking the submit a report button but must have over looked it - please do not do so in the future.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.

Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.