1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198289291301 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MR. BOMBASTIC--, Jun 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:589650223
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198289291301

Victim profile: 76561199139566175

What happened? Description:
    I don't know the guy who scammed me. He start chating with me through steam asking me if I can send him my knife (first) for him to do promote and giving back an exchange for a better skin in the next 8 working days. I send the knife (Navaja) and on the next day he get back to me asking me for more skins because he couldn't do withdrawal the items which he shows me on screenshot, and explaining to me that some of those items will be for my self. And now - we are not STEAM friends, does not respond to me messages and blocked me as well. That's it. Thank you in advance!​

Provide Evidence:
    All the proofs will be in the attached files - chats, trades, profile accounts and more. View attachment 798400 View attachment 798399

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      215.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      202 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      158.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      224.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      246.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      223.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      203.6 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      164.7 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      192.2 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      137.4 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      176.6 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      192.1 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      189.7 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      278 KB
      Views:
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      File size:
      241.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    Hello there, I would really love to share the screenshots with you.
    And yes, there is more screenshots which I have made, but impossible to share it from the first time due to the limit of the screenshot I can share.
    Now I will share the rest information (screenshots) with the other guy who contacted me to say that "Here is my friend who take skins and make from them better skins for exchange".
    First we start on russian language, but it is really hard for me to use the translater and to do "copy paste" without even understanding of what I am saying.
    Thank you in advance for your kind collaboration.

Attached Files:

4. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    Here is more information through the browser. Apologise it was confusing due to login information.
    Forgotten password and has to remember how it was to log in.
    Thank you for your patience.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  6. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    Ok, sorry.
    I still don't understand how it works and thanks for the advice.
    There is 2 screenshots on both users.
    Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So let me make sure I get this straight..the user said for you to send them an item or items for gambling? Promote? Is that the same thing or were they brokering the items?
    You traded them and they unfriended you and so far haven't returned the items or what ever you were to get ....is that correct? Why would you do such a thing for someone you just met also?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    Correct, unfortunately. I still don't know. I used to be scammed a few months ago and I lost all of my skins worth over 500 euros.
    Anyway many times after I was receiving a lot of messages by people who does these things, scamming people and stealing their items.
    I didn't respond to that to be honest and after that I don't know what I was thinking, maybe this is a different guy who works something like that.
    I could get some good knife (my dream knife butterfly, as you can see on the screenshots in chat) and I was like.... "Hey maybe this is a real guy and he does not lie to me, why not to try."
    And again... I was scammed by stupid people, don't know one thing. Why people does such a stupid things like this? And why Valve letting them to do this anyway.
    So yes, I feel really stupid, but nothing I can do about it anymore. I am from Bulgaria, and the salaries here are.... NOTHING.. unfortunately I invest in cs-go items/skins just to enjoy the game, not to trade, not to do stupid things like this guys do, I am just playing with friends to enjoy and getting better and better, and then... There will be one kid like this to ruin all your moments and making sure to NOT enjoy the game, because of him. That's all.
    So, my question: Is there a real chance guys like this to be banned and stopped after this report which I've sent to you? Because this is not good for anyone.
    Thank you for your kind collaboration! Hope this guy to get what he deserves.
  9. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    I already know one thing: I will never trust anyone again, about trades, transfering skins or this kind of things. :(
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If tags are applied to them from us that won't stop them from trading - only Valve can do that.

Now you need to take a full screenshot thru a web browser hover your mouse pointer over users name so it shows up their steam URL at the bottom.
    Then take ever how many new full screenshots thru steam client (make sure client URL is enabled per requirements) and show all trades from the 9th till today. If you have more than 1 page make sure the previous/next pages show previous and next trades in them so they don't have any missing gaps and show that overlap of trades.
  11. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    But I already did screenshots with their URL at the bottom as you told me to do that.
    Check the conversation and images which I had share with you.
    Thank you!
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    need fresh ones and the others I asked.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @MR. BOMBASTIC-- Just to advise - the screenshots you provided are not at all what I requested. You gave screenshots of the OFFERS - I did not request offers in order to do show trade inventory history you have to provide that not the offers. Also to show a history spread you have to do that as well.

You were recently on today so I will give an additional 48hours to provide the screenshots exactly as requested.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Will provide an additional 24hours to follow up @Mr.Bombastic - you were tagged twice in this report as well.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    Guys, i provide all the information and trade history with this guy. I don't know what more you need to do some report against this guy.
    Can't believe why it is so hard to report a guy who do such a bad things. It is simple, you got all the screenshots and proofs that I was scammed, what more?..
  16. MR. BOMBASTIC--

MR. BOMBASTIC-- New User

Steam:
    If you wanted to do something, you don't need fresh ones when you got all the information. What means fresh ones, i have no more contact with this guy cause he blocked me because he got all what he needs from me. A skins over 100 euros + knife. And still this account is not touchable after so many reports against him. Nothing I can provide more, that's it. It is up to you if you want to do some changes against this guy and some kind of stop doing this to the other people. Have a good day.
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You didn't read what I said but more importantly haven't read this guide.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    The guide shows examples of TRADE INVENTORY HISTORY. That is way more important than offers.
    That guide is supposed to be read before submission of reports. I gave ample time for a follow up and rather than read what I asked once again and provide it you went on some rant...it was pretty simple of a request no different than what others get asked.
    You can argue other reports against someone when there are none but irrelevant to this one... you can provide more I already asked for it.
    However, since you said nothing more you can provide along with two replies without what was requested I will conclude report.

You were asked to provide certain screenshots for supporting evidence and you have not.
    You were given plenty of time to provide as well.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper/complete evidence and/or without following up with requests for additional information as noted when you submitted the report.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/

Nothing here provided/suggests or shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.

Hidden Content:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.