1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198298271944 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by cureRSQ, Jun 12, 2016.

1. cureRSQ

cureRSQ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62551614
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198298271944

Victim profile: 76561198085368956

What happened? Description:
    $200+ worth in CSGO Knives got scammed, scam method is public, method goes as follows: A person is looking to trade their items up, in this case being my friend, the scammer adds him as a friend and asks him to get a trusted friend online, which was me in this case, the scammer then asks my friend to trade his knives to me, so the scammer can "see if the items are legit". My friend traded the knives to me, and I was going to trade them back to him. The scammer then made a group conversation, adding me , I did not pay attention and the scammer added a 2nd person (They were working together), this person had the same name and profile picture as my friend, he added this person to the group so that that person could open a chat window with me and request a trade. I thought that this person was my friend and that I was supposed to give the knives back since the scammer had "verified their legitimacy". I traded the items back and poof, gone was $200.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 427687 This screenshot shows the impersonator of my friend
    View attachment 427688 This screenshots shows my trade history, the trade at 11:25 is my friend, the trade at 11:30 is the scammer (who changed his name back to kyrie) View attachment 427689 On this picture you can see his name history, my friends name is on there and also tons of other people who have most likely been scammed. View attachment 427690 Another picture showing this
    View attachment 427691 On this picture you can see him adding me, trading me and then deleting me. You can also see me asking in dutch whether he received the knives (I thought it was my friend)
    View attachment 427692 Here you can see the person who was initially going to trade the Karambit Doppler for my friends to knives, making a group chat and adding the scammer, so that he could open a chat window with me and scam the knives. View attachment 427693 A picture of me and my friend talking
    View attachment 427694 A picture of the scammer.
    View attachment 427695

________

If any more proof is needed, please ask me and I will be happy to make some more screenshots.​

Attached Files: