1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198312571225 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Chromica, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chromica

Chromica New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61694877
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198312571225

Victim profile: 76561198083655482

What happened? Description:
    Apologies if I have this miscategorized, I wasn't sure which option was appropriate so I played it safe and put it in the "Other" category.

Me and the person had only known each other for a few weeks and had only talked once before after initially meeting to smooth over and in-game altercation

The user approached me with the claim that he had accidentally reported me for having duped items when he meant to report someone else. He then provided a link to a user named "Akbu" (dead link provided below), whom he said I should talk to to clarify the situation. There was not, however, any option to add this person, and a few minutes later the profile disappeared. The person, of course, denied it was a scam, but some web-searching revealed similar experiences from other people. I took a few moments to make sure my account was secure, and shortly thereafter the person went offline. I have not heard from the person since.

Dead link to the account of "Akbu": https://steamcommunity.com/id/32434...YqfVNsBzlHrgCdbKJMBjkmHiFu4nn3AqKMQJ2SEJIrGwA

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Chromica

Chromica New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61694877
    I realized I never provided proof of the scammer's identity. Hopefully this is sufficient.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok so its possible the accused was hijacked..do you have other means of contacting them outside of steam?
    Also you failed to provide info on the user they told you to add..that is important.. please provide the ID64 or SR profile block asap!
    @Chromica

Also make sure you've reported the account to Valve - they will act on it fast if it was hijacked!
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Chromica The accused has a new message on their profile saying they recovered their account.. I highly suggest you contact them again and advise them to post back here with full screenshots of their support ticket where they recovered the account so as to not punish an innocent user.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Chromica I'm not sure why you are refusing to follow up to the report.. please do so asap!!
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving due to lack of follow up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.