1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198314436562 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by (D.U.C.K.)moon man, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (D.U.C.K.)moon man

(D.U.C.K.)moon man New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:147996911
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198314436562

Victim profile: 76561198256259550

What happened? Description:
    So this guy randomly adds me wanting to trade for my ak and m4 skin. He asks how many keys and I said I'm not looking for keys. He then says he can withdraw something from a gambling site with his $71 from it. He tells me to see if there is anything I want and i chose something. He then somehow has a "trade hold" that he forgot about when adding me (proof below he didn't even have a trade hold). I check and find out he is lying but I decide to play along. He asks for my tradelink to withdraw the skin, but the site just knows that isnt the right trade link. He then says that he can send me the $45 worth of coins to me in exchange for my 2 skins. He finds out he has VIP on the site and says he can do that. He does so and I get my "coins." I knew at that moment i should have ended earlier because this looks sorta bad but im glad I didn't because he had some pretty cool stories. I tell him this and he informs me that can't be true because he withdrew his knife from there (butterfly forrest ddpat), of course after spamming "wtf" like that wasn't supposed to happen. I call him out saying he will get steamrep banned for this and I have enough evidence, but he doesn't want to stop there. He proceeds to tell me that he didn't know the site was fake and when he tried to withdraw with his coins he thought he had a trade ban, adding to the trade hold excuse and contradicting his previous statement about withdrawing a knife from there. So I decide to right about a paragraph long comment of everything that happened and as I'm typing, he says "bye". Who in the right mind will just unfriend someone if they supposedly lost $45. All in all this is the first time I have been encountered by a coins for skins sort of scam. Forgot to mention the chat is full of bots. For instance, a commentor named Aazmandy has been offline for 210, can't include screenshot because of 15 screenshot limit but if you're able to, check out the site. He also does try to pull the victim card alot in hopes he will get proven innocent but his story doesn't add up.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. (D.U.C.K.)moon man

Steam:
    UPDATE: I just checked his inventory and he sent his keys, skins, and knife somewhere, probably an alt
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is a fake gambling site scam - your keys/skins whatever is long gone - don't worry about them now.
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
    @(D.U.C.K.)moon man
  4. (D.U.C.K.)moon man

Steam:
    He didn't scam me, I was smart enough to not just send him my skins because I got some coins on a site. Do you want me to show my trade history showing I didn't get a trade?
  5. (D.U.C.K.)moon man

Steam:
    The stuff I mentioned in the update are irrelevant, just thought it was sort of a weird thing for him to do.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.