1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198335379273 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Undecided Name, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undecided Name

Undecided Name New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:445456681
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198335379273

Victim profile: 76561198238445404

What happened? Description:
    So, a person named A Huge Coincidence has attempted to scam another user named Dave, with a steam account claiming to be a steam admin. Dave himself stated that it was an alt made be A Huge Coincidence, but i haven't been able to find the fake admin profile at of time of writing. It starts when A Huge Coincidence tells Dave that he had accidentally reported Dave for having duped items (not even a reportable offence) and says that Dave needs to contact the admin which he had linked in order to not get his account banned. This is shown in screenshot 1 (capture5). I was linked to the picture of these events from A Huge Coincidences comment section, shown in screenshot 2 (capture4). The conversation i had with Dave shows Dave telling me that he simply didn't contact the admin, since he knew it was a scam is shown in screenshot 3 (capture3). Again I was unable to find the fake admin that A Huge Coincidence linked, but finding that profile is a good way to stop other accounts A Huge Coincidence creates from scamming other people.​

Provide Evidence:
    Images​

Attached Files:

2. Undecided Name

Undecided Name New User

Steam:
  3. Undecided Name

Undecided Name New User

Steam:
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Don't accept 3rd party reports - victim must be the one submitting the report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.