1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198336244608 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Totesfleisch8_, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totesfleisch8_

Totesfleisch8_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53361
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198336244608

Victim profile: 76561197960372450

What happened? Description:
    Someone impersonating a Valve Dev called Tony with intent to defraud. Found him on the steam forums. He has his Profile on Private right now, but his artworks and namehistory make it obvious that he is a scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    So this guy basically impersonated a steam dev, saying he is an item checker and real money trades middleman.
    He just put his profile on private, but he still has "TonyValveDev" in his Custom Url, and still has scammer artworks: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tonyvalvedevqweqweq1212/images/

When you check his namehistory, he already also impersonated another Dev called Drunk3nf00l.
    Screenshot is in description and link: https://steamid.eu/profile/76561198336244608

He has his Profile on private now, because someone just posted his profile on a Global Mod's profile, but when you put /images/ behind his custom url, you can still see his artworks.​

Attached Files:

2. Totesfleisch8_

Totesfleisch8_ New User

Steam:
    UPDATE: I searched his steam data and thanks to google, i found a cached version of his profile as you can see perfectly in the screenshot, blatantling impersonating a Steam Dev.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    In what way were you involved with this user?
  4. Totesfleisch8_

Totesfleisch8_ New User

Steam:
    He commented on my profile that he needs to verify my items because someone reported them as dupes, however my girlfriend deleted the comment, thats why left that out.
    Though it baffles me that you need more info on this one, the screenshots couldnt be any clearer than the case already is.
  5. Totesfleisch8_

Totesfleisch8_ New User

Steam:
    Also, he has his profile on public again, just check his steam profile and you can see for yourself live in action that he is impersonating a valve dev.
  6. Totesfleisch8_

Totesfleisch8_ New User

Steam:
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well we don't take reports without having direct contact with the accused - otherwise for all we know you are just seeking this user out to pad "I reported a scammer" stats like others have done in the past.
    I'll accept this once but in the future make sure you show evidence of that contact in the future.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.