1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198336560180 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JonatannossreP, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonatannossreP

JonatannossreP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35622386
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198336560180

Victim profile: 76561198031510501

What happened? Description:
    Tells you they wish you to advertise their new sites. Say they pay you with rigged pots. Rigging is illegal in itself, but they the scammer will probably try take all your item if you try to log in to the site. Emptied inventory on a high hour account, probably a hijacked account.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Are you claiming a fake gambling site or phishing site?
  3. JonatannossreP

JonatannossreP New User

Steam:
    Fake gambling is the thing I can claim for sure, would you log in to a weird site just to see if it was a phishing site?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You don't have to log on to test it - you can mearly see the login prompt one way or another.
    I just wanted to know what you were reporting is all.
    Look at my screenshot - you will see its a valid steam login window and not a fake so that would determine it is going to a normal site..and fake gambling related.
    Had it been a fake prompt of a steam login window then that would be phishing.
    Educate yourself on the differences.

Attached Files:

5. JonatannossreP

JonatannossreP New User

Steam:
    I know the difference alright. I just don't go to random websites because day zero exploits exists, and random websites is where you can spred them, just to check something I know is not something I would like to log in to, none phishing or not. The chance is very, very (extremely) slim, but why even risk it when I have no reason being there.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If its a phishing related site - its not to be reported here...not at all.
    By our own investigative policy which I hope you read if not I'm linking it below, that nothing of the sort should be reported here and reported to Valve instead.
    The difference which is easy to see in that screenshot I provided doesn't require you to log into anything at any time. You are only looking for the intent to take you one way or another. You MUST prove the scam..you must show proof of what is happening and not just show us a user giving you a site address.
    If you don't wish to risk anything then don't - but don't report it here unless you can prove and show that proof of what is happening by your own definition.
    If you don't then just report the user to Valve either way, let them handle it.
    I've got all I need for now - will final review it shortly.
    Thanks!
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
  7. JonatannossreP

JonatannossreP New User

Steam:
    Yes, I did read that, but wouldn't you in any normal sentence also mention any other suspicion, even if this sites staff might not have anything to do with it? (I already reported to Valve since that is the first thing you should do anyway.) I had already said it, but I say it again, I say that the person claimed they will rig the game on this site. He cut me off when I said I didn't want to be a part of it, so in the end I do not know if he wanted to cheat me out of pay, cheat the users of the site which didn't promote the website that was just there to gamble or whatever. All the evidence you should need is that they wanted to rig the game, since that in it self involves someone being tricked, which I thought was a reportable offense. Does it mater if the site or not is legit and that I lack proof about that? No, I'm not reporting that in the first place, I'm reporting this user.

If it I misunderstood the definition of your rules I guess I'm sorry to waste your time.
  8. JonatannossreP

JonatannossreP New User

Steam:
    Though I should maybe have labeled the thing "[Other]" since I'm not reporting the site in it self, since I know I lack evidence enough for that, and it doesn't really fit in any of the other categories. This is not the first time I had people asking me to promote their site, which they claim to pay by rigging the games, so I would suggest you make this a new category since it seems to be one of the new things to do.

Have a nice day,
    Jonatan
  9. JonatannossreP

JonatannossreP New User

Steam:
    Whether or not this report gets trough, and this person gets tagged, shouldn't there also be a "lesser tag" which you can tag on to people which seems dubious but where the evidence is not enough to give them the "full tag". I understand you go by the rule that it is better to not convict if the evidence is not sufficient. Because in the end there are so many people that you know should get convicted, but you don't since in that rare case it might just be a misunderstanding or whatnot, to the people you should be able to give the "suspicious" tag or whatever. This tag tells anyone checking this persons profile that you do not risk your reputation trading with this person, since that is the part which you do not want to add to a person that might be innocent, but that any trader should act with extra cautious when dealing with this person. The problem for your, and steam, always have to fight with is the fact that it is free to make accounts on steam, and making manual bans take time and often the damage to be already made, so handling the large amount of appeals might be easier if you can give a lesser tag to people. The "pending" report on the profile is sort of a lesser tag, but it only stays for so long, so something more lasting would probably be good to have.

Regards.
  10. JonatannossreP

JonatannossreP New User

Steam:
    But no mater if my evidence fill for any of the predefined categorize, the fact that they admit to make me "[...]a winner every week and you will receive things from the jackpot" clearly tells you that they rig the "jackpot", since that is the only way I could be guarantied to win each week, and he also says "I will make you win [...] i'm admin[!sic]", which together makes for the definition of rigging something. Now since I was not tricked in anyway, since we broke the contact before anything happened, there is still two possible things he could to make himself guilty if I where to proceeded playing with his charades, and he would have to make himself guilty of of these simply by the act of telling he would rig it, and that is:

1. He would actually do as he said he would, and pay me through rigged jackpots, which means he is guilty to "fake gambling site",

or
    2. They steal the item I added to the jackpot, since I still need to enter it in someway to win it (since they understand that I would understand it has to look "legit" if people where to use there site for several weeks and not that there items randomly disappeared each week, which is how they would trick me if I was shady as well and agreed to such a deal, but shady people have rights too, at least those that are young, mentally challenged etc. that might not understand the moral obligations or what rigging even is still in the danger zone [while steam says that kids under 15 are not allowed on steam there is no paragraph for the the mentally challenged], but also since item gained through scamming activities from other shady people can still enable further scams [because of e.g. more tempting jackpots, more item to "laundry" to allow further "sophisticated" scams which takes some founding etc.]), which again is a "fake gambling site".

Respectfully,
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You over complicated it..really bad.
    Its rather simple of a process. Ya just look to see what the login page looks like. You are not logging in if you don't wish to do that then just pass it on to Valve and move on.
    Pretty simple...no worries.
    I'll finish this up shortly...its certainly fake gambling according to whats provided by yourself and me.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.