1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198337021970 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by corpfawn58, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corpfawn58

corpfawn58 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:104124273
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198337021970

Victim profile: 76561198168514274

What happened? Description:
    I was contacted by a friend on my profile, telling me that I have a pending ban on my account and that I need to talk to Mr VanVan to remove it. My friend sent me a screenshot of my profile and it looked fake. I was told Mr VanVan was an admin for steam. I was not believing the story my friend was telling me at first, so I added Mr VanVan to see what he had to say. I don't know Mr VanVan.
    He replied immediately, sending me screenshots and video of my profile with alerts. He was saying that I had duplicate items on my account and that he needs to verify them. He also sent a Valve License in our private messages. Showing me that he was apart of Valve and an admin for Steam.
    He threatened me through the Steam chat because I was wasting his time. He showed me blocking my friends' account. And I believed he had these capabilities. He asked for my Discord, and I gave it to him. I eventually gave him my steam information, because he was threatening to ban my friend, and myself permanently during the call we had.
    Having access to my account, he traded several CS:GO items for DOTA 2 items, and eventually asked me to verify my account further with purchasing items off of Marketplace.tf. He told me that there needed to be 4 items purchased to complete this verification. I purchased over $700.00 CAD (the website is in USD), of Australium Team Fortress 2 items through PayPal, this was traded through my account from MarketPlace.tf bots to my account than to another steam account. He kept telling me that this was to verify my account with these items and that he would be able to report the transaction and return my money through PayPal.
    As soon as my bank account was locked, I tried asking for the return of my money as Mr VanVan had promised me several times, showing me screenshots of his PayPal account. He did not refund me anything, I couldn't purchase anymore, yet he demanded steam gift card codes for the return of my account, the refund of $700.00+ CAD, and the return of the items removed from my inventory.
    He changed my password/email to my steam profile account, and I tried recovering it through steam. I've reported this to MarketPlace.tf, and requested a refund of all 6 transactions I made. I kept talking to Mr VanVan through discord asking for the return of my money, my steam inventory items, and my account. He refused until Steam recovered my account and it has been returned, the items are still gone and I cannot get a refund from MarketPlace.tf.​

Provide Evidence:
    First three screenshots are my trading history:
    Trade offers include: 6 Australium Items for Team Fortress 2, the CS:GO items traded for DOTA 2 items, and the final trade to Samsic: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198412699857 (last screenshot is of Samsic's profile)

Mr VanVan's Account: His profile shows a friends list, a comment, and information about who he is.

PayPal Transactions: The account activity, and proof of the charge that went through on 1 transaction out of 6.

Steam Chat screenshots: (I cannot get the full windowed ones, because Mr VanVan has removed me as a friend)
    1st: I was questioning what this was about
    2nd: He was threatened to ban
    3rd/4th: I went through with MarketPlace.tf transactions, paid for the 1st and 2nd Australium items, Mr VanVan was watching my screen through discord during this.
    5th: He was showing me the refund of my money

At the end of the 6th transaction when I refused to pay for another item, and he took my account.​

Attached Files:

2. corpfawn58

corpfawn58 New User

Steam:
    Another note: My counter-strike: global offensive items were traded through tradeit.gg bots on steam, and they were traded for the DOTA 2 items.
  3. corpfawn58

corpfawn58 New User

Steam:
    tradeit.gg transaction history regarding my counter strike: global offensive items, and some TF2 items as well. My mistake for not noticing.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @corpfawn58 This is NOT the first user you were involved with - your so called FRIEND was the one that started the scam and that is who you should have reported.
    This account was already community banned but you can resubmit a report against the MAIN user involved if you like this one will be archived.
    You've basically created this report backwards and slows it down for being processed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.