1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198345464293 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Hyphen., Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyphen.

Hyphen. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51179139
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198345464293

Victim profile: 76561198062624006

What happened? Description:
    I received a friend request from the player above, asking me if I was selling my Strange Professional KS Aussie Medigun.

Note, that this item isn't on any trading website or the steam market, so he had obviously been scouring peoples backpacks looking for targets and items he could scam.
    I asked how I could help him, he then went ahead and said he was interested in the Aussie, we spoke and negotiated about the price and finally settled at 42 keys.
    I then asked him how he found my account and why he wanted the item, he purely said it was a random add and that he had been looking for an aussie medigun.

Seems legit so far? Apart from the "random add."
    Anyway, a day passed, I purchased this item from the steam market so the trade date wasn't until 23/07/2017 so he waited until then to purchase his keys, or so I thought.
    We then spoke further about the trade and that he wanted to go ahead with it and still buy it from me.

Now, this is where it started getting fishy, he said to me that he wants to assure that I am going to sell the listed item to him, for the price we made a deal on, and I stated that I had no reason to pull out of the deal. He explained that he had purchased 66 keys before for another trade, and the seller pulled out on him, and he had a hard time selling those keys, which is understandable, no-one wants that to happen.

I told him that I wouldn't be bailing on the deal we made and that he can trust me that I've reserved the item for him.
    He then went on and asked if we could "hire a middleman" for the trade, now this is where I got suspicious.
    I've done next to no trading since 2014, before the mobile authentication stuff, so middlemen were quite popular back then BUT now there's trade offers, it made me think ; why do we need a middleman? If he sends me a trade offer with 42 keys for the item, we can accept it, and that would be that. Trade done, happy days.

But no, he sent me a profile link to a middleman service which can be found below.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/AidenOfficialService
    Now this looks pretty legit, and it seems scammers are somewhat getting smarter, level 100 account, nice profile, and so on.

But then I decided to check steamrep, and well, he's been banned for fraud. So then I thought, why not check the guy on here that wants to buy my item? So I did, and oh guess what, also banned.
    I then checked the history and reports of fraud on the person I am reporting now, and the conversation that was uploaded was very similar to my own, him asking if it's items or cash payment etc, then going on asking for a middleman.

I know he's already steamrep banned, but I just wanted to address that even after the punishment, they are still stupid enough to try and scam people. I've got nearly 3000 hours on TF2, they could be a bit smarter and pick someone with less experience? But as I said, even though they've already had their accounts marked, it seems that they haven't learned their lesson.

Just wondering if anything else can be done about idiots like this.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - do keep in mind that this user is already banned/tagged..there isn't any more we can do to this user. Should you come across a user like this again(check users out soon as you say hello) it is best to just report them to Valve, delete and move on.
    In fact banned multiple times - so if you know then you should have just ignored - We don't punish users here- nothing more we can add to them.
    This and all future reports against this user will be archived.
    You can report them to Valve as you should have done already
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.