1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198348040592 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Ulmar1, Sep 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulmar1

Ulmar1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33916254
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198348040592

Victim profile: 76561198028098237

What happened? Description:
    Security breach on steam account the 24.9.2020.
    Summary:
    After attempting a login on a website (CSMoney), I needed to reset my password in order to login, and it appears that is when the breach occurred. At which point they sent skins worth around 1600$ to numerous accounts.
    My belief is that they created and overlay visable only to me,that I needed too change password, when in reality all I did was make a new password for them, and since I was the one changing the password the mobile app showed me my location.

This is by far the most eleborate scam I have ever encountered and for the first time I too have fallen victim, like so many others in this community.​

Provide Evidence:
    Pic 1. shows recent chat with steam support comfirming that my account had indeed been compromised.
    Pic 2. shows the illegal trades that had occured without my knowledge.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.