1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198355623684 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Yxng Kev, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yxng Kev

Yxng Kev New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:78816381
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198355623684

Victim profile: 76561198117898491

What happened? Description:
    The scam involved 3 steam accounts. The first hit me up about a trade (oliver) , then convinced me to trade through a middleman which was posed as an official steam staff/admin with certificate and stuff on his profile (his friend of course). The third account was where we were suppose to trade our items to background check them and ensure both trades. (Has my items now)​

Provide Evidence:
    Picture: ScammerTrader.jpg is a trader which hit me up about a trader
    He is an impersonator which means he hides behind profile of a real trader and so I pose a link to a profile of a fake one. Steam Level 62 at the time
    Picture : ScammerMM is a middleman which was making sure that both items get ''background checked and verified'' (Also known at the time as System 32 but changed his name and profile picture got deleted) Steam Level over 100+
    Picture : ScammThirdTradeAccount is a link to the profile that has my items
    In the next following pictures (proof 1,2..etc) there is a proof of what went down.
    In conclusion I got invited to a group of these two scammers and after the trade went down to another steam account from my side they banned and blocked me from all 3 profiles. Also kicked me from the group where we were both added to but I recorded it on my phone. (Hence the quality of the phone recording is terrible) (once you get kicked from the steam chat group and banned steam doesn't let you see it anymore)

Please keep in mind that they try to change their steam url/id, pictures and names every once in a while so they try to be untraceable but by finding the steam id through the steamrep site they can always be traced. As I dug deeper I found out that they impersonated not only a steam staff member but also the profile itself by sending a tradeoffer link of an actual trader. I tried to be as accurate as I could by viewing the profile through the steam chat log. We are after all, human beings and we all make mistakes and so my sole purpose of this was to stop them (the evil scammers) from taking advantage of the same honest and hard-working people. Once again thank you for your precious time.

Also I'm not sure if I should submit a report three times since all three were involved in the scam and impersonating.For further questions or proof please contact me.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I see ZERO evidence that you were in contact with this user - can you prove that?
    Also do not make any other reports against any other accounts - ONE report for ONE event regardless of who was involved and against the FIRST user you were in contact with.

Basically being blocked or blocking doesn't prove you were in contact with them... I need to verify this Via ID64 not username. Just the chat boxes doesn't prove this and you may have reported someone being impersonated for all we know.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Yxng Kev You have 48hours to follow up
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Declined - complete lack of evidence or proper evidence and lack of follow up
    Do not submit reports here without proper evidence and if you have no intentions on keeping up with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.