1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198357250524 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by W o l f e n s h i r e, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W o l f e n s h i r e

W o l f e n s h i r e New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:183176581
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198357250524

Victim profile: 76561198326618891

What happened? Description:
    I was going around the CS:GORep! group and checked one of the moderator's pages, I noticed someone left a comment speaking about an impersonator of the actual CS:GORep Moderator.

CS:GORep! Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts#

Real User: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stonecleric
    ^^ This is the user the accused is impersonating.

There's some clear scammer BS like "Why you should trust me" etc on the accused's profile. As well as the fact he's impersonating someone that actually helps the community, and bringing bad words to his name. He has clear intent to deface the user and clearly has many +rep farmers.​

Provide Evidence:
    See screenshots below:

Obvious intent to defraud this user.

Sidenote, if you want me to attempt to get this user to scam me as well, I can try.​

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2023
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    In what way were you involved with this user?
  3. W o l f e n s h i r e

Steam:
    I had noticed before adding this fake user that his profile was clearly fake. I was attempting to contact the real user in asking him about a CS:GORep staff application (off topic, I know), but I felt the need to report the obvious fraud/scammer as it's the right thing to do. Also - there's already a post on the real user's profile that mentions the accused scamming and impersonating.

If there's any other information I can provide, please let me know.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well I mean did they attempt to add you or did you just find them at random?
    Thing is we don't want to get reports towards someone without some direct contact.
  5. W o l f e n s h i r e

Steam:
    I was looking for the individual (the real one) and came across this profile, noticed it was fake, and also noticed he had a very suspicious profile, as well as many scam complaints (some even on the real individual's profile) and came here. So under your circumstances, I guess this report is invalid. Sorry for wasting your time, I'll attempt to get evidence of this individual scamming/adding me and if possible I will re-report. Again, apologies for the time I've wasted on your behalf.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeah gonna accept this one - just keep that in mind in the future.
    There are hundreds of accounts that do this - we don't make any effort to go after them all..another be made in hours I'm sure.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.