1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198360326888 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheSheldor96, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSheldor96

TheSheldor96 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37467401
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198360326888

Victim profile: 76561198035200531

What happened? Description:
    I know the accuser has been finally banned on SR but I wanted to submit a report on some of the behaviours he exhibited just to help solidify the case (The report that has been accepted paints a very vague picture and he was actually leveraging it as SR banning him unfairly and the victim falsely accusing him so I figured if I submit my report, I can erase some of the doubt and prevent further scams).

The scammer added me a long time ago. Probably about a year or so. Every month or two, he would send me a message asking to buy my items and offering very high overpay. One time I actually pushed him to see how far he would go an he offered about a $1000 overpay for a Dlore and a Medusa. I was personally convinced he was a scammer but at that time, I did not have any proof other than my gut feeling which is unfortunate because I know SteamRep does not accept reports without evidence. I feel bad because I am pretty sure we could have prevented the recent guy from being scammed.

This person went all out to make his account seem legit but upon the slightest scrutiny, it all falls apart. The guy has a very high steam level. A respectable inventory. A lot of comments saying +rep. A profile that he spent a lot of time working on. However, here are some warning signs:

1. In the months that I had him on my friends list, I was constantly watching his inventory. It rarely changed. He might acquire one skin here or there but his inventory versus his extensive "reps" claiming these high volume trades do not match up. Especially with the trade hold, it became very evident that his reps are fake.

2. He has no Cashrep or any rep on legitimate sites. All his rep are on his profile comments.

So the icing on the cake happened today. He messaged me (as he always does every so often) asking to buy my skins. I saw that finally someone reported him to SteamRep and that is was accepted. I accused him of being a scammer and he did something new. He sent me a link to a fake steamtrades site: https://steamtraderep.com/user/76561198360326888. Looking at the WHOIS (http://whois.domaintools.com/steamtraderep.com), the website was registered 19 days ago. He probably felt the pressure from the scam report and wanted to make himself even more convincing.

Anyways, I know no scam occured but I hope you can accept my report to try and stop any more people from being scammed.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Nothing here suggests the user is doing any wrong doing again - using other sites for rep isn't against any policy we have and is clearly up to you to use.
    The user is already banned/tagged here - nothing more we can do to them so please check users out better before adding them and just ignore/delete their friend request to avoid conflicts if you already they were banned/tagged there is again nothing more we can do to them.
    If you really want to do more then report them to Valve -our tags will NOT stop anyone from trading..only Valve can do that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.