1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198360444571 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Vampire Medic, Aug 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vampire Medic

Vampire Medic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59355340
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198360444571

Victim profile: 76561198078976409

What happened? Description:
    I was approached by a user known as "Swaggin" (S) asking for assistance for a trade with "BigPumperGG" (GG). Supposedly, GG had blocked S and now S wanted me to help finish the trade. GG would not give me the item S wanted (a supposedly "glitched ks kit" as described in the chats) without hanging on to something of "equal value" from my inventory. We agreed that my unusual, a Your Worst Nightmare with Miami Nights, would suffice. I agreed without hesitation, a huge mistake, and now S told me they were going to buy the keys from marketplace.tf. Some time passed and S still had not gotten the keys and they told me the bot was taking a while. I understood since I knew an order from marketplace.tf does take some time to get verified. S went offline claiming they had to go to bed for a "dentist appointment" and I did not want to wait so I asked GG to give me my unusual back and I would return the "ks kit." GG declined my first trade, claiming it was an accident, and then when I sent the trade again they decided to claim the application wasn't working and they would try again in the morning. I got frustrated and insisted they return the hat but GG said "sorry mom booting me off" and I waited another half hour to see they were still online. They remained online for the entirety of the evening in-game. I called them out, and they ended up threatening me, telling me to "finish the favor" and that they would raise the key price of the "ks kit." GG also threatened to unfriend me in a mocking manner. At this point I knew I had messed up, but I still continued to wait into the next day hoping S would get back to me about the keys. I waited well into the evening and had no response from S at all. I approached GG again, explaining this, and they refused to give me back my item once again without the keys. GG ended up removing me from their friends list, telling me to just buy another unusual with the keys S would supposedly give me. I waited more, and S ended up unfriending me as well without a word. In my frustration and anger I said some more things that I regret, but I did not omit them to help convey the severity of the situation and to show that these scammers were unique from previous instances I had heard of within the trading community.

I began to suspect that either S and GG were the same person or they were working together since S was always conveniently offline, and S unfriended me without a word despite supposedly still wanting the "ks kit." I even asked my friend "RoobyScoo" to add both of them, and he was blocked by both accounts. We watched backpack.tf and noticed that once my unusual was gone from GG's inventory, both S and GG had an increased amount of keys around the same time as shown and highlighted in the screenshots. I also included a screenshot of the item GG gave me, which was supposedly a "glitched ks kit" which are extremely high in value (and I was ignorant of them at the time of this incident) since they can be applied to any weapon. The item GG gave me was a fabricator that could only be applied to an "enforcer" and was worth hardly anything in comparison to my unusual. I have submitted a report on both accounts through Steam, and I am hoping to get them flagged on here so they can't harm any more players. I hope my evidence is sufficient, and I am grateful for the assistance.​

Provide Evidence:
    In the uploaded file I have included screenshots of the entire chats from both BigPumperGG and Swaggin from the start of the trade up until they both unfriended me. I had to take the screenshots of the chats from the support option in Steam since the chat logs disappeared when both users unfriended me, and in the process of collecting evidence BigPumperGG changed their icon.

I have also included screenshots of the trade offers (the one BigPumperGG sent me and the two I sent that were declined.) I also included pictures of the key items in our inventories with their values.

Additionally, I also included the suspects' profiles, a picture showing that Swaggin is still friends with BigPumperGG despite having been "blocked," and before and after pictures of their key values in backpack.tf once my unusual disappeared from BigPumperGG's inventory. I had some help from a friend, RoobyScoo, with taking the backpack.tf screenshots.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Archived - Do not make two reports - just ONE report for one instance of a situation!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.