1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198363335097 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Taddos Fadey, Apr 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taddos Fadey

Taddos Fadey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40645553
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198363335097

Victim profile: 76561198041556835

What happened? Description:
    So this guy was in my friend invites for some time. I accepted him, asked him what's up and then he started asking if I'm selling my knife to him. His prefered type of "selling" is through paypal/bitcoin/paysafe. So right there is a flag risk of being scammed because they usually ask you to trade first, pulling the " i have more +rep on my profile then you so you are untrustworthy and you go first" card. Then he sent me a paysafe code which he had from 6 months ago. If he was up for a trade he atleast wouldn't act that he's waiting 10 mins to get a paysafe code from 6 months ago. So I think he uses the same picture to show fake proof of him having the code. His inventory is hidden so probably he has a lot of items hidden which he scammed. I asked him for a key as "proof" and he accepted the bait because a key is nothing compared to losing a 150 euros worth knife, but I denied it, and when I had his trade offer pop up I instantly turned on my steam guard, before that lying myself about having a steam guard but then I took it further afterwards to report him here even though I usually just tell them some crap that scamming is bad and just blocking them. If he was a legit seller (even though selling csgo skins for real money is kinda illegal) he would atleast come up with half the money or a 1/3 of it instead of showing fake proof! I'll provide full chat history with this scammer sorry for too much pictures!​

Provide Evidence:
    The evidence is provided down below through the "upload a file" option.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    So you are reporting this user assuming they won't pay you after taking your items which was part of the deal...do I read this correctly?
  3. Taddos Fadey

Taddos Fadey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40645553
    I am reporting him because he provided a fake picture from 6 months ago regarding his proof that he has "bought" his paysafe cards, if you can see the time in his picture on the left it shows that the message he's received from paysafe was from 6 months ago. How come he didn't use the card? Probably because it's just for a show that he's legit and he has provided you with proof, but in reality it's just a part of the scam to trick people into giving items to him first. It's an attempted scam because no items were taken or stolen, but I think there's enough proof that he's simulating that he's a legit buyer and instead he's the scammer. And we hadn't even agreed on who goes first the trade didn't happen, the key that he tried to offer me at first was just a bait for him and he even doubted about giving it at first! He didn't bother just wanted to go straight for the jackpot.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    How come they didn't use the card is irrelevant - we can't make that determination one way or another.
    You made the report assuming the user would scam you and not follow thru with their end of the deal.. probably and I think doesn't cut it with reports here.
    You must have accurate proof the user did scam or attempted to scam you not an assumption they would. You have no idea if the user would have provided you a valid code or not.
    On the flip side we don't review code reports here anyway - so even if I didn't reject it on the grounds of a assumption created report it would be invalid on policy.
    Sorry but we just can't review this. I suggest in the future if you feel someone is untrusting just delete them and find someone else to deal with rather than continue on and report them without being able to prove they would have scammed you.

Here is the policy with regards to code reports which clearly states we do not review them.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.