1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198364904514 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ✪ Killua, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✪ Killua

✪ Killua New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:115391624
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198364904514

Victim profile: 76561198191048977

What happened? Description:
    On one of my screenshots, this random guy commented saying he had a Karambit Black Pearl 0.02 and wanted 234 keys for it. I thought it was too good to be real so i checked it out on metjm and it was indeed a black pearl. However on his trade offer, it links to his alt account where he has the same number of keys and the same karambit doppler with the same nametag however it is Phase 3 and not a black pearl. Had i not checked i would've been scammed of 100 keys+ and i don't want this to happen to anyone else in the future, which is why i am reporting to you on steamrep. I hope the evidence is sufficient, however if you wish you can check his account and see that the trade url leads to another account, which is clearly item swapping and a scam attempt.​

Provide Evidence:
    It is in order 1-8​

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      94.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      128.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      130.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      126 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      133.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      225.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      224.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      73.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Whats the SR profile block to the REAL user?
    Where is your chat with this user?
  3. ✪ Killua

✪ Killua New User

Steam:
    I tried to add the user to chat with him, but he declined my invite but only commented on my screenshot asking me to send him an offer. This is because if im friends with him I can offer him a trade directly and won't get redirected to his alt. The SR profile block i provided is the one of the real user.
  4. ✪ Killua

✪ Killua New User

Steam:
    The main idea of the scam is to not have them on your friends list so that they send the offer through tradelink with item switch
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I think you are telling me something backwards - are you saying the users trade offer URL is redirecting you to another account right?
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  7. ✪ Killua

✪ Killua New User

Steam:
    Yes, the users trade offer url is redirecting me to another account which looks exactly the same, same style, level etc... But you can tell they're different by the Steam ID64
  8. ✪ Killua

✪ Killua New User

Steam:
    You said where is the steam block for the REAL user. This is the alt/fake the real one is the one i provided. But yeah this is his alt
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I know what you are talking about now - you made it sound as if the accused was impersonating someone but that isn't the case - its a profile mis direct scam.
    Pay CLOSE attention to the screenshots I'm adding here they show STEP BY STEP where the URL's go to and where each account they link back for.
    I'm also showing TWO screenshots of the comments on both accounts - you can see clearly the ones helping the user make the profiles look the same screw it up with waiting a few mins to comment and even a extra space between a +rep or + rep ... not smart enough to fool horse ;)
    But if you report a user like this again I want screenshots like these proving the intent - not what you gave me of items or inventory - I could care less and that doesn't prove anything.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.