1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198372740990 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Иксд лол, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Иксд лол

Иксд лол New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81676971
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198372740990

Victim profile: 76561198123619670

What happened? Description:
    He randomly messaged me after a year of not messaging me (met him in a game) that he was a mod on this "new" trading site called "swap.gg" and he wanted me to test if the site worked. That's all I know since I exposed him quickly for wanting to scam me.

I also did some research and that site does exist but it's not new, the steam group for the site is from 2017 and on the group there is a post about scammers trying to use the site to scam people and it's also full of comments from people saying they haven't received their item after the trade.

Now he changed his profile to look like a bot that holds items on that site.

I believe he was recruited by the person that scammed him because he used to have a couple expensive items and now he only has a private inventory and the scammer is trying to use him to milk him for more money and he probably won't even pay him.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots of the chat are there before and after the profile change (the one before was just for my friends so I didn't screenshot it fully), the picture of the said post about scammers using "swap.gg", complaints about getting trade scammed and a proof that the site isn't new are all provided​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.