1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198373877609 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SirSuomiPoika, Aug 6, 2020.

1. SirSuomiPoika

SirSuomiPoika New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:233463637
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198373877609

Victim profile: 76561198427193003

What happened? Description:
    (I really don't know the category for this but i've received same kind of message yesterday.)
    (I also knew that she/he was a scammer because of the first message she/he sent me.)
    Okay so i got pending friend request from her/him yesterday. So i checked my comments and her/his profile. I haven't gotten any new comments to my comment section and her/his inventory was private and comments were disabled from hers/his account. I got suspicious right then but i choosed to not block her/him yet. Today i got message from her/him, claiming that my name got "scammer marker" on my name for owning or having fraudulent items in my inventory. So i asked where she/he saw it but she/he tried to avoid my question. Before i asked that previous question she/he told me the "backstory" that happened to her/his "friend". Then i asked my question. Well it ended when i told her/him that i knew that she/he were scammer. Well then i was already unfriended and blocked. I can't open that chat anymore so i cant get the chat log.​

Provide Evidence:
    I cannot open the chat again.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This user is likely hijacked - did you report them to Valve yet? Advise ASAP!
  3. SirSuomiPoika

SirSuomiPoika New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:233463637
    So i report him/her for wha?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You report them for likely hijacked/compromised account - let Valve see if that is what the issue is by checking out the account.
    We don't review hijacking reports here so if they lock the account down then that was the case and I can clear this user vs tag/ban someone here and add even more issues on top of them trying to recover from it.
    IE: This is almost always the case.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Did you report the user to Valve yet? Yes or no?
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Accused was community banned - therefore likely hijacked as I figured.
    Archiving to prevent additional hardship upon the accused.
    Please do not submit these types of reports here again just report them to Valve instead.