1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198388271369 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by willkurr, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willkurr

willkurr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59051364
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198388271369

Victim profile: 76561198078368456

What happened? Description:
    A friend on my steam profile notified me to let me know that they had accidentally reported me to the accused user (who they thought was a steam admin) for duping a user's items when they had meant to report another user.

The person who accidentally reported me asked me to get in touch with the "admin" to let them know that I wasn't the one who was actually supposed to be reported. I went to the "admin's" profile to friend them so I could send them a message, which was a huge red flag because there's no such thing as a steam admin, especially one that you would message on steam to get help from.

Upon making contact with the self proclaimed "admin", they told me that I was not actually involved in the issue, and that they would "lift the pending ban." They also spoke with terrible grammar, and sent me a screenshot of my steam profile that showed their scary looking "ban button" to try and show their authority.​

Provide Evidence:
    The (not accused) user who accidentally "reported me"
    https://i.imgur.com/XyWlmsD.png
    View attachment 681417
    The accused user saying that I won't be "banned"
    https://i.imgur.com/IyP0MGg.png View attachment 681418

[9:45 PM]
    Ms.Jean V A L V E:
    Good day.
    how may i help you?

[9:47 PM]
    willkurr:
    Yo. Someone on my friends list just told me that he accidentaly reported me for duping items instead of another user. His steam name is Babs Seed and he told me to tell you about it.

[9:47 PM]
    Ms.Jean V A L V E:
    yes that user reporting you for having duplicated items
    and i just want to clarify it that you are not really involved the said issue

[9:48 PM]
    willkurr:
    Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Ms.Jean V A L V E:
    Are you aware that if you cant prove yourself here that your item is in good condition your account will be banned permanently?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....394/F75514150C45224912375AA28D7C51BD9289BE50/

willkurr:
    Yep.

[9:49 PM]
    Ms.Jean V A L V E:
    You don't have to worry here if you really are not involved in the said issue. I will remove the pending ban understood?

[9:50 PM]
    willkurr:
    Where's your valve employee badge?

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @willkurr You don't report this user you report the user you were FIRST involved with - your "friend" that is who started the scam attempt.
    Who is that user? Full SR profile block please.
    Also how well do you know your "friend"?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

• ms.jpg
      ms.jpg
      File size:
      164.9 KB
      Views:
  3. willkurr

willkurr New User

Steam:
    Hello. I do not believe that the first user was involved in starting the scam attempt. However if it seems that this is the case I will provide the info:
    SR Block:
    I've had this person on my friends list for maybe shy of two years, and we used to play together on a TF2 server. It's probably been a year since I've been contacted by them. I'm pretty sure this user wasn't starting a scam, and was just under the impression that the other user was an actual "steam admin."
    However, I have seen a few comments on the "admin's" profile from users who have been "accidentally reported" by their friend on steam, so it looks like I'm not alone. I hope I'm not leaving any important info out.
    Also, thanks for banning the fake admin ;)
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The account was involved - its possible the account was compromised but either way it did start the scam. This is a common scam attempt here lately however in some cases the account was hijacked.
    Attempt to make contact with that account a few times over the next 24hours - if you have another way to contact the user also try that if the account is still compromised.
    In any event it is still just as guilty at this point.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @willkurr Follow up soon as you can - few hours left before I finalize this report.
  6. willkurr

willkurr New User

Steam:
    Sorry for the late response. The user who originally sent the bait message to me has recovered his account. Here's the chat:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2018
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Have your friend post here please
  8. Babs Seed

Babs Seed New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52735858
    Hello, i feel so ashamed. i was scammed, and my account was compromised, i have since recovered it and changed the security on it.
  9. willkurr

willkurr New User

Steam:
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    How did you recover it? Did you contact steam support? If not you need to do that and have a screenshot of that ticket to confirm you did in fact recover it and it showing they agree you were compromised.
  11. Babs Seed

Babs Seed New User

Steam:
    i contacted steam support last night and sorted everything out this morning, here's the screenshot with proof

https://prnt.sc/l6iq9v

please tell me if i need anything else
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  13. willkurr

willkurr New User

Steam:
    He just went offline to get some sleep, so he won't be able to post it till morning. Sorry for the delay of plans. Chat log below:
    https://i.imgur.com/BE1Oa1C.png

Attached Files:

14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - I'll need what I requested to clear it up.
  15. Girr Chrysalis™

Girr Chrysalis™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31665867
    Was just playing MapleStory 2 with this guy a Couple Days ago, pretty sure his account is taken

Attached Files:

16. Babs Seed

Babs Seed New User

Steam:
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Upload it to the report please - there is a Upload a File button beside the one you keep using that says Post Reply.
  18. Babs Seed

Babs Seed New User

Steam:
    Steam Recovery.png

like this?
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok looks good - yes be sure to be more careful in the future with where you log into steam at.
    Look for the security lock on your browser for all sites and/or just avoid sketchy sites if someone relays one to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.