1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198398251978 - ([Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Polski, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polski

Polski New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:96816695
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561198398251978

Victim profile: 76561198153899118

What happened? Description:
    It all began when my old friend 0wedog sent me a chat message on Steam which was odd considering we hadn't spoken in forever. He began the conversation and asked me to pick a color "red or black?". I asked why and he responded "I put 720$ Rust" as in money for Rust gambling. He told me his tactic to winning was telling a friend to pick a color. So I choose red he responded with "gl me" so I said "gl". Right after, he replied with his winnings, claiming he doubled and sent me a snip of 1440.33$ as if he had won the gamble. I congratulated him and said lets go. He responded saying he owed me some of the money considering I picked the winning color. I refused and said no just keep up the good bets. He continued to insist that he gives me 10% and I continued to say it wasn't necessary. 0wedog then sent me a code telling me to use the code to withdraw whatever I like, instructing I could use the money to redeem Rust skins. I asked what website to enter the code into, 0wedog told me "rustgood". Immediately I searched for the site on google and found nothing, not a trace resulting in a website for Rust trading called "rustgood". However I kept stringing 0wedog along hoping to prove my suspicions of a scam or phishing attempt. 0wedog continued small talk, telling me to pick another color, so I picked red. Right after 0wedog was no longer mentioning gambling, 0wedog only began to focus on the money he awarded me. 0wedog continued to ask me what skins I would unbox, I responded with not sure because I couldn't find the site. 0wedog became persistent that I claimed the "150$", I responded with I would in a few as I continued searching for the site and possible cases of previous scams similar to 0wedog's actions. Then I found a Reddit post of a victim that fell to a similar trap. I immediately recognized what 0wedog planned and continued to string him along. Returning to 0wedog's conversation I told 0wedog I couldn't find the site anywhere, 0wedog then sent me a link, along with the same code he sent before. I responded "doesnt come up on google" he responded "i see, all work" implying the site was safe. 0wedog responded "i send link and code 150$". I responded " I don't click links lol" considering I recognized the scheme 0wedog was attempting. 0wedog responded "copy and paste lol" pushing for me to access the site and redeem the code. I said "thats the same thing" as in clicking the link and entering the link into my search engine. 0wedog then said "ur problem" and never responded after I responded with "guess so lmao, I really hope ur not making an attempt to phish me, [sent Reddit evidence of similar scam to 0wedog's actions], yea thats insane surely ur not trying to do the same thing? Right. So I am a Cyber Security major and I just got you attempting to phish me." Which was my accusation and response to 0wedog's actions.

This was the end of the situation and right after my accusation 0wedog unfriended me and never chatted me again.
    Thank you for those reviewing I appreciate your work!
    -Polski :)

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep no longer as of 5/18/2019 reviews or accept reports dealing with any Fake Gambling site or scam sites - Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything random sites that a user gives you for a chance to win anything. Gambling sites are against Steam TOS also therefore you should avoid these users, delete them, report them to Valve instead as noted below:

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.