1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198398340738 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by VoltinMan, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoltinMan

VoltinMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:63357771
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198398340738

Victim profile: 76561198086981271

What happened? Description:
    I was contacted by my friend Husky, here is account [https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140699192/] Husky had told me that he had "accidentally reported me for item duping." I didn't know what this was nor had I heard of it before. I decided to investigate this and Husky provided a link to this user, JY, and was told he was the steam admin in charge of banning me or not. I talked to this person and the gist of what they were telling me is that two of the most expensive items in my inventory had been duped. This was odd, because I had purchased both of these items several years prior. I, of course, confronted them and told them I had purchased the items. They seemed to completely ignore my claims and move on to some sort of script, as if they did this before. They constantly tried to press a time on me, as if to force me to comply or my whole account will be banned on account of this. I tried to stall him, by making an excuse that my internet was not responding. I wanted to do some small investigation of this person. On investigation, I found out this user had been banned before, but currently is not. I also checked what confirms them to be a Steam "Admin" or not, and also discovered that they had no verification of their status as a "steam admin," nor does the role exist. I had enough of this, and I declined the procedure. I had, however, accidentally said yes beforehand. During this process, they "showed me" that my friend was banned and then unbanned during this chat. When I responded to them they said my account would be banned in 3 hours and that I should make my time last. I then sent them several joke images, because I'm immature and wanted to mess with the potential scammer​

Provide Evidence:
    (Attached are images of my chat with Husky and with JY. All the images at the end of the JY transcript are the same if you'd like them unhidden)​

Good Day Steam user how may i help you?

[10:14 PM]
    fish:
    Hi, I believe my friend Husky had recently accidentally reported me for item duping?

[10:14 PM]
    JY:
    yes that user reporting you for having duplicated items
    And Are you aware that if you cant prove yourself here that your item is in good condition your account will be banned permanntly?

[10:15 PM]
    fish:
    I was not aware, no

[10:15 PM]
    JY:
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....997/1F152ADA1D33BA1A4277FED6AC68A23B95BA2A81/

You dont have to worry here if you are not involved with the said issue.I will removed the pending ban on your account.

[10:16 PM]
    fish:
    Ok, what do I need to do for you?

[10:17 PM]
    JY:
    All you need to do here is to make an appeal and prove that your item is in a good condition and it was a false accusation so the bot will cancel the pending ban in your account is that clear?

[10:17 PM]
    fish:
    Ok, I think I'm following.

[10:19 PM]
    JY:
    Our Valve Program: Items checker will examine the reported items in your inventory for 1-3 minutes to see if its duplicated or not and will be returned to its owner afterwards
    because there's 2 items are duped on your inventory sir

[10:19 PM]
    fish:
    May I ask which ones?

[10:20 PM]
    JY:
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....074/E33B5C273DB612B29F584C83CEF8C952A44E8E66/

ill send screenshot so that you can see

fish:
    Oh

JY:
    Our Program bot only see items duped on your inventory
    Could i ask if you are going to proceed here or you will Just take the account Suspension?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....737/844F00A26F40816562DB986B9321B979827F089D/

you don't have to worry sir i just need to verify it so that the duped items will be clean

[10:21 PM]
    fish:
    Are they going to be removed if I follow the process?
    Because I purchased both items, sir

[10:21 PM]
    JY:
    yes
    yes sir after i done to verify it you can take it back and your account i will remove the banned
    Could i ask if you going to proceed or just take the Suspension on your account?

[10:22 PM]
    fish:
    Could I have a moment to talk or no?

[10:22 PM]
    JY:
    im only giving you 5 minute to complying sir
    so sir? any updates?

[10:24 PM]
    fish:
    Genuine question
    How come two of the most expensive items in my inventory are logged to be dupes?

[10:25 PM]
    JY:
    i don't know sir maybe virus index your items has affected
    that some user using hacks on in game TF2

fish:
    Is there any possibility I could keep the items with the appeal?

JY:
    yes sir you can take it back i just need to verify it
    so that duped items will be clear and clean

fish:
    Ok, I'll take the appeal.
    I will proceed

[10:27 PM]
    JY:
    can i have your trade url link sir

fish:
    How do I find that?

JY:
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....636/7A4DD85341F9BD092DCE74C291805A9AE9595930/

fish:
    Trade Offer URL:
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=126715543&token=1M4wa5Ub

[10:28 PM]
    JY:
    can you please send the items because your inventory its private

fish:
    Hold on

JY:
    may you please send reported items here https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=330601636&token=SGaJn_hD
    on Program: Items Checker
    Alright sir just keep me update when you done to send it so that i can start verifying your items here

[10:30 PM]
    fish:
    Ok, sorry. I'm strugging a bit. My internet is terrible.

[10:31 PM]
    JY:
    because your account will be banned today sir if you will not complying
    excuse me?
    are you still with me

[10:32 PM]
    fish:
    Yes sir

[10:33 PM]
    JY:
    your friend husky saying that im fake you said

fish:
    I did say that, sir

JY:
    do you want me to ban that user so that you can see

fish:
    I cannot find any verification of this
    You don't have a badge
    You've been reported multiple times for fraud

JY:
    okay ill ban husky user so that you can what i can do

[10:34 PM]
    fish:
    Really?

[10:34 PM]
    JY:
    now sir
    check his profile

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....083/26364ED61A161282EC63AFC65E01A903DCA8F8EF/

[10:35 PM]
    fish:
    Why would you need to do that?

JY:
    you see Community banned? your friend

fish:
    Forgive me for being paranoid

JY:
    so do you want me to confirm your account suspension for 20 years sir?
    im just doing my job here

fish:
    There's no reason he should be punished for my paranoia

[10:36 PM]
    JY:
    so are you going to proceed or not?
    you already say that you are going to appeal proceed
    but you didnt

fish:
    I was trying to
    I was using him to help me
    I was consoling in a friend

JY:
    so?
    im give you 3 minute sir
    if you will not going to comply you are the next will get banned
    im just doing my job here sir i hope you can understand for admin job

[10:37 PM]
    fish:
    How can I understand?
    How can I fully believe you?
    There's so much proof against you
    I'm sorry to say

[10:38 PM]
    JY:
    okay sir so sorry should i confirm the deletation on your account now
    i hope this deletation and banned on your account will big lesson to you
    enjoy your last 3 hours playing sir
    have a great day

[10:40 PM]
    fish:
    Cool, thanks

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @VoltinMan You report the FIRST user you were in contact with not this user.
    This user is already tagged/banned here - nothing more we can do to them.
    | steamname: husky/kitty of reese meowzoo123
    | steam3ID: [U:1:180433464]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:90216732
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198140699192
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198140699192

This husky user is the one that started the event/scam - that is who you should report.
    I want the trade offer URL that the fake admin user sent you posted here in this report please.
    Also do you talk to the husky user often prior to this and are you still talking to them?
    How long have you been friends? Have you done trades with them in the past?
    I need all that answered asap.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @VoltinMan Please follow up with what I asked.
  4. VoltinMan

VoltinMan New User

Steam:
    Sorry about my delay, I didn't mean to annoy.

For what you are asking for me to supply; I cannot get a trade link that the scammer sent. My backpack is private to trading, so they couldn't send me any sort of trade offer from them. They then asked me to supply a trading link of my own, as they saw that as the way to my items. If I were to send them one, which I did not, it would look something like this, (https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=126715543&token=1M4wa5Ub).
    To answer the questions about Husky.
    1.) Husky is someone I have talked to multiple times before this point. They are someone I relatively trust well. Upon talking to them, never, have they ever given indication of wanting to scam or otherwise trick people. (That might just be me, I don't want this to be biased)
    2.) I have been friends with Husky, via Steam, for a little over a year at this point.
    3.) I have done little trades with them in the past, but they have never given any alarm to what they were doing. The trades were mostly gift exchanges, where we each gave each other something.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @VoltinMan It is possible the Husky user may have been hijacked..do you have other means to contact this person? Can you strike up some new conversation with them and full screenshot the chat so I can see here?

Also see this screenshot
    https://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/jcapture_5-png.680332/

That is the trade offer URL I want - so open up the screenshot if you have to and type it out exactly as it shows there in a reply here.
    I'm not able to do it - I have many other reports to handle and this is something you need to provide as its evidence for the report.
  6. VoltinMan

VoltinMan New User

Steam:
    As a matter of fact, Husky did get scammed into giving away private information from the so-called "admin." It was a small interaction, and I feel bad for him because of this.
    I have a screenshot of his saying so.
    (I also do not have other means of contacting them, and it's always possible its fake. But, when they were "hacked" they weren't playing games, they weren't talking like they usually do. I.E. the massively broken english, not this kind, and the fact that him and the scammer would be in tow. Plus, I know he'd listen to me if I said he was a fake and that he was a scammer)

I'm also going to put the link as it is given to me by the Scammer.
    https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=330601636&token=SGaJn_hD

(If anything else needs doing, I'll do it. Sorry again for the frustration)

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Have Husky post here pls
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @VoltinMan Unless Husky posts here in next 24hours I'm accepting report as is and tagging that account also as it clearly was involved.
    I gave you the chance to help them if they are innocent - apparently you've ignored this request thus far.
  10. VoltinMan

VoltinMan New User

Steam:
    I'm sorry I haven't been responding to your requests. I've been stuck in midterms and Husky has not been online. He is currently online as I am typing this and I am trying to gain his cooperation. If all goes well, I will let you know his choice for this matter. Again, I'm sorry to have bothered you with a delayed response, I honestly was not ignoring your requests, and I hope this can still be dealt with fairly.
  11. VoltinMan

VoltinMan New User

Steam:
    Husky stated that he currently does not want to sign up for a website that requires his Steam credentials. There has to be some other method of verification for this. I will try to do anything else I need to to try to prove his innocence. I truly believe that he was hijacked, and I can show the recent chat log if it would help his case.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I understand the precaution however if they don't do it now they will have to do it when they submit an appeal.
    The account was clearly involved..the owner is responsible for the account at all times.
    They will need to not only post here but also provide screenshots of the steam support ticket where Valve/Steam Support confirms that they were in fact compromised.
    I'll give this report another 24hours then have no choice.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I gave ample time to respond - they will have to make a proper appeal and wait for it to be resolved now.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.