1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198406344676 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mental Depression, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mental Depression

Mental Depression New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:170445309
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198406344676

Victim profile: 76561198301156346

What happened? Description:
    [Read this before reading the description: I've reported the guy via Steam and I'm not entirely sure how to describe this, so its an other fraudulent behaviour as I believe its a bit of both of a possible phishing link and a Rep Fraud, but for my sake of simplicity, I'll put it as an other fraudulent behaviour]

So basically, he adds me out of the blue, asking me if I want to trade and asking if I had some TF2 Items for sale. This immediately sent me red flags because we shared no group nor friends so I decided to check his Inventory through Steam and lo and behold, a private inventory.

This made me cautious as scam stories I've read through Reddit usually start this way, so I played along, although I made sure that he didn't have me completely sold.

Next off, he sent me a profile link to an inventory that I believed was a phishing link, (yes, I've also reported him before making a report here), I decided to be safe and to snag the SteamID64 and go to the profile that he was claiming to own, that being of the real Hyungry.

I decided to call him out by showing his profile link and then asking him if this one belonged to him. I decided to question him on his profile because things were just not adding up. He claimed to be a Level 20, when he's really Level 52 and then I threaten to have Steam REP jump down his throat for what he's doing.

Pretty sure I had him panicking so he claims that's his second account, and that I shouldn't be so stupid and call him out for being a phisher, unaware that what I believed he was doing was ruining the reputation of Hyungry.

Profile Links of everyone involved:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/sourblue/ [Myself - Victim]
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/7659119792803931/ ["Hyungry" - Accused]
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962803631 [Hyungry - The One he's trying to Defraud]​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Mental Depression Please don't crop screenshots - FULL screen anytime you submit reports here.
    I can't see any link the user gave you in the chat screenshots - all I see is images as you still have images embedded enabled on steam chat.
    How do I know the users link they sent you went to anyone else being like that?
  3. Mental Depression

Mental Depression New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:170445309
    I didn't crop the screenshots. I alt+print screened them.
    And I do admit that I should've put the links on there. I can't go back and check the chats now unfortunately.

And how do I turn off images embedded for future notice?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok I'm going to reject report since you clearly don't have enough evidence that this user was guilty of any wrong doing.
    You will need to browse your steam chat settings - should be an option on the chat area for settings.
    Ask some friends for help if they also know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.