1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198409478825 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Lucifer91, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifer91

Lucifer91 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:446032778
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198409478825

Victim profile: 76561198852331284

What happened? Description:
    Okay so this guy has added me on Steam claiming to be a "Steam Moderator".
    He said that I'm going to get banned if I don't upload my Steam Client Menager.
    At the first point I was pretty skeptical, but his profile was pretty legit so yeah I've trusted him.
    He sent me a zippyshare link where I can download that "update" and told me that I have to download it right now, so I didn't have enough time to ask others or to make a research.
    After I've downloaded it, he also told me to download another file to my Mobile Device, because Steam App's files also has to be updated and he gave me another zippyshare link. My mobile registered it as a virus (malware) but he said that's okay because of a non official updates.
    After that, he told me that I gotta wait a couple of minutes till they load the updates, and it logged me out of the steam. Also I've noticed that there was a trade offer sent to his profile even if I didn't send it and I lost all my tf2 keys - Screenshot will be provided as a proof.

After that, my phone turned off, and when I turned it on, all of my applications were uninstalled.
    Also he removed me and set his profile to private.
    I've contacted steam support and retrieved account of mine, but I want this guy get banned permanently.
    Also he made a notepad and said: " Mene si nasao debilu da zajebes? Pa najebao si tek sada. " on the end.
    Please just do all you can on this guy, I'll also contact few other people to take care about him but I really hope he's not gonna scam anyone else like me.​

Provide Evidence:
    I've sent a screenshots.​

He removed me, so I can't open a chat, but I've tried re-adding him so I can open the chat. (He's not going to accept for sure)

Attached Files:

2. Lucifer91

Lucifer91 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:446032778
    If I don't update my Steam Client Menager, my bad, sorry. *
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.