1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198414940657 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by CatastrophicCabbage, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatastrophicCabbage

CatastrophicCabbage New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:159245179
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198414940657

Victim profile: 76561198278756087

What happened? Description:
    This guy, freedom added me on steam. Normally I don't accept invites unless they commented on my profile, but I said "f✿✿✿ it" and accepted it. I dm'd him asking what he wanted. Essentially he said that if i put the name of his site in my name/profile description, he'd give me free items. Now I know this sounds scammy as f✿✿✿, but i'm a gullible idiot. So he "proves" this to me by making someone win that i told him to. So i try it, and it says it has to be at least 10 dollars. Skepticism rising, i try it with some items that i wouldn't care too much if i lost. It works, but it says i have to win twice to withdraw my items. This is when i'm sure it's a scam. I look it up, which i tried before with no results, but on this second try i find a forum post. Yep. It's a scam. I ask him for my items back, he still denies it. I never get my items back. He stops speaking. The site is tf2forest.com.

tl:dr some guy used a fake site to trick me into giving him my items.​

Provide Evidence:
    The chat on the site is looping the same few things if you stop and look.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry we are unable to review this as your evidence (chat screenshots) are too cropped - must be full screen and showing date/time stamps.
    Forced to archive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.