1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198452915762 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Courage 3, Jan 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courage 3

Courage 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29437427
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198452915762

Victim profile: 76561198019140582

What happened? Description:
    He wanted me to advertise a site, And would pay me if I did so. Sounded fishy as can be.
    So I asked what it was for, digging for what he really was on about I thought it might have been a trading site... And he said it was for advertising a "tf jackpot website"​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 697803

Basically he's trying to get people to go to his site, most likely to Phish them of there passwords or there deposited items (Don't know didn't go to the site, Not planning on it neither)

This is not only bad for the victim if they actually do end up advertising it out of not knowing, but also he's trying to spread his false website quicker...

Didn't know what to do with the website name (To blur it or not, sorry!)

Thanks for your time.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You failed to provide a full screen shot of the users profile WHILE friends - this helps verify identity.
    Follow next set of instructions.
    issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide should you need assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. Courage 3

Courage 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29437427
    It doesn't help he removed me right away after the chat log, Wont be able to get the evidence you want. Sorry for wasting your time.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok since you can't get me what I need I'll archive - just make sure you get a FULL screenshot of a users profile WHILE friends - add that to any report.
    That would have solved everything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.