1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198798456083 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Zenox, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenox

Zenox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:90829807
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198798456083

Victim profile: 76561198141925342

What happened? Description:
    [Its a scam using 2 profiles so I will create a 2nd report for the other guy aswell]
    His friend found me through my trade offer on CSGOtraders.net
    He worked together with SteamID 64: 76561197973847457
    This guy played the role of a scammer, that had stolen an expensive Dota item of his friend (Corrupted Garb of the First Night). My task was to trade my butterfly knife against this item and then I should get an M9 from the other guy in return for the Dota item.
    The trade was not completed but his item has only listings by scammers and they would have sold my knife and let me keep the worthless Dota2 item.​

Provide Evidence:
    So I guess the screenshots speak for themselves.
    His friend comes to me and offers his M9 that is worth a bit more and introduces his story whilst asking for my help. I found this shady af right away and used the chrome extension steaminventoryhelper to find out, that this item is nowhere to be sold except some steam listings with no sale history. To get the evidence I wrote this guy just straight away and as expected he made me the offer.
    I invited the first guy on discord were he pushed me to do the trade by telling me its the right one in the offer and omg thank you so much etc...
    I told him that I know this is bullshit and he raged a bit, canceled the call and changed his custom profile link; profile picture and name (compare the 2 screens of his profile before and after). This guy didn´t do that much maybe the custom profile link idk.
    Btw his friend tried to rescue himself by pointing out, that his profile is very old and totally clean of any bans.
    - I responded that I´m going to change that now and I hope this will happen soon!​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Archiving - ONE report for ONE scam event - doesn't matter if there are more than one users involved.
    You reference others involved on the FIRST report against the FIRST user you were in contact with.
    I'm pushing that info over there now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.