1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198813599122 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ichonaged, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichonaged

ichonaged New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61517031
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198813599122

Victim profile: 76561198083299791

What happened? Description:
    I was looking to sell my unusual rubber glove for 18 keys, and someone who added me was looking to trade for it. He wanted to get a middleman for the trade just to make sure that he didn’t get scammed, and I didn’t really mind. The middleman, CAaronD, wanted me to verify the items in the trade, and he told me to send him the items involved. I was stupid and became convinced by his steam level and the +reps on his profile, so I gave him my unusual and keys for him to make sure were “clean” for trading. After I traded him the items, he wanted me to buy 200 bucks worth of steam wallet codes and send to him for identity verification. I asked him why this was required and he said it’s for safety reasons since’s he claimed to be part of Steam Support. Realizing I just got scammed, I asked him for my items back and he then made a half-assed attempt to scam me again by sending me to another trading website. When I called him out, he unfriended me.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @ichonaged Ok so your reporting a fake middleman but you didn't report the user you were FIRST incontact with? If so why?
    That is who you should report not a 3rd party pulled into the mix.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You completely abandoned this report - no choice but to archive as you didn't provide hardly anything against this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.