1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198824746011 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by NATO THE TORNADO, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NATO THE TORNADO

NATO THE TORNADO New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:158255229
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198824746011

Victim profile: 76561198276776187

What happened? Description:
    - (For context, I know that TF2dedep was banned 3 days ago for trying to scam Harmless Orange (https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198824746011-none-no-items.186916/). This report is just to say that he hasn't learned from his mistakes and tried the same crap with me. Hopefully, this can be added to his steamrep profile for further evidence?)

I was sent an invite by a person called TF2dedep, I accepted and was contacted 1 1/2 Days later by him and he explained that he 'accidentally' reported me for 'duped' items (I'm guessing TF2 items) to a person called legoman. He sent me a video in chat explaining how the ban worked. From there I just collected evidence while he ranted on about how he was sorry for reporting me and that I needed to contact Legoman fast. When I exposed him for scamming me for 'fake steam reports' he unfriended me and I just blocked him afterward's.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If the user was already tagged - there is absolutely nothing more we can do to them. Just ignore them and move on - that is the whole point of the tag.
    ID of the other user?
  3. NATO THE TORNADO

Steam:
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That account also already tagged here. While making another report is fine, it kinda takes time away from those 20,000 other reports to go thru against users not tagged.
    Once tagged there really isn't anything more we can do to them here and it stands as a warning that we hope users see and avoids those users.
    Report them to Valve for sure, the main account you reported here is likely hijacked anyway so you could just be stacking reports against an innocent user that hasn't regained control of their account yet.
    I'll go thru this again shortly but it would appear the account is still either doing what its gonna do compromised or not.
  5. NATO THE TORNADO

Steam:
    Ok, thanks for explaining. I can understand your point of how It can take time away from other important reports (The sole purpose of this report was just to provide extra evidence and to show that TF2dedep is still continuing and hasn't learned from recent bans). Just wondering though, why do you think TF2dedep is a hijacked account?
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The current common scam is hijacking accounts, doing exactly what this one did and referencing accounts using "fake steam admins" to extort you into trading with them or yet another account. They do this because a friendly account someone may have known for years now messages them and says all this so they believe it.
    Many I've run into are compromised so we trend lightly with reports like this...no sense putting the owner thru more trouble if we can sniff it out.
    So again it isn't about extra evidence - we prefer you check users out BEFORE you add them as friends if they are tagged just ignore and move on...report em to Valve in the process.
  7. NATO THE TORNADO

Steam:
    Ah ok, I understand. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.