1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198841827349 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by SoundSmith v2 I trade.tf, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundSmith v2 I trade.tf

SoundSmith v2 I trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:136275824
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198841827349

Victim profile: 76561198232817376

What happened? Description:
    He added me on Steam for the reason of "actually! i added you for a trade but then i was a bit concerned when i noticed your name was marked as scammer for owning or having fraudulent items in your inventory".

I already knew he was a scammer, but decided to more on because I needed to make sure. After we exchanged a few sentences and words (he was a little to quick with the replies and they were a tad too long for how quick he was replying, which made me sceptical), he informed me of the former and sent me a (now already seen before) edited screenshot of my profile where the "Item Showcase" screen was replaced with a "Steam Support Checker" screen where I was proudly to be shown to be marked as a scammer.

I saw that same screenshot before with another scammer that I met - the scam was a "Valve Fraud Prevention Team" scam. I promptly called him (the current scammer) out on it, and surprisingly, he went silent and unfriended me from Steam.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @SoundSmith v2 I trade.tf Did the user give you any other accounts to add or referenced at any point? I don't see any in the chat logs but you may have not given us everything.
  3. SoundSmith v2 I trade.tf

SoundSmith v2 I trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:136275824
    No, he didn't. He would have given me a link to a Steam Support Admin (who would have been a fake, obviously), if I would have spoken to him a bit further, but I decided to call him out before that. The screenshots that I have given are all that I have.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well considering the account is community banned now and would appear this was typical of a hijacking situation I'm archiving report to avoid adding additional hardship on the account should they recover it thru Valve. Let them handle this situation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.